Selling boots in the classifieds.

You guys that are trying to sell used boots in the classifieds....... it only take 5–10 minutes to throw them in the sink and work them over with a scrub brush. Nobody wants to send you $250-$300 for a pair of muddy boots. Doesn’t matter if they only have a few miles on them. Clean them up and I’m positive it will help in selling them.

Rodéo

WKR
Gotta love the free market that is the RS classifieds... Funny to me that I take the time to clean something up, make it look presentable, etc. before I post it and sell... Then a day later I see a dirty/scratched/bad photo version of what I posted sell for around the same...

If RS has taught me nothing else, it's that people part with their cash in incredibly strange ways

So many places I could go with this, but I’ll just echo what Ryan posted. They’re boots and meant to get dirty. But or don’t buy, the RS classifieds forum is the free market at its very best. It could be used to illustrate that concept in college textbooks it works so good.

I am surprised at the money people want for used boots. Like the toothbrush comment above I think used boots have little value.! My kenetreks cost me $600 canadian a season ago. My feet dont like them though and I think $100 may be too much to ask and I cleaned and polished them!

I have bought several used boots for a decent price. I think its a good way to try out boots that are not available locally to try on. Asking near new price for used boots us another conversation. Kind of like selling an aftermarket barrel with half its life shot out for 75 percent of new plus shipping

I am surprised at the money people want for used boots. Like the toothbrush comment above I think used boots have little value.! My kenetreks cost me $600 canadian a season ago. My feet dont like them though and I think $100 may be too much to ask and I cleaned and polished them!

It depends -

A boot that the person wore for two or three seasons(even if it was a week or two each “season”) - I agree with you.

A boot someone bought, did some kind of break in but they didn’t work and it’s under 75 miles or so - potentially worth something more, not saying it’s 90% of retail but it’s worth 200-300 depending on condition and original price. Say... a boot someone bought, wore around the house and one trail(and looks to match that level of wear).

Just my opinion though.