Selling hunting clothes

gibby97

FNG
Just a curious question here. I see tons of posts where people are selling their clothes just to buy new. Most of these items have never been worn and even still have the tag on them.

why buy in the first place or are those posts the ones u want to avoid from a buyer standpoint?

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
Just a curious question here. I see tons of posts where people are selling their clothes just to buy new. Most of these items have never been worn and even still have the tag on them.

why buy in the first place or are those posts the ones u want to avoid from a buyer standpoint?
Guys are always chasing the latest/greatest. I've fallen victim to the marketing at times, myself. Their loss is your gain!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Diesel

WKR
Lots of reasons why this happens. One reason is they bought a piece for a specific use and something better catches their eye before they use it. Another is they don't have access to try on items near their location and don't get it sent back in time. They may have bought it in the classifieds and are reselling it.

The classifieds are testimony that gear swaps are pretty darn popular.

Lowg08

WKR
I have gotten lots of great deals on basically new clothes for a fraction of the price

Hondo

WKR
Lots of guys buy gear for a trip than gets canceled and then sell the gear or buy more gear for a trip than needed and sell the stuff they don't need. Sometimes it is the wrong size and they are past the return date or sometimes they just change their mind and go another direction. I've bought some new with tags as well and 1 and done gear at great savings. I've also sold perfectly good gear that I never used before. Great way to save money IMO. Just make sure you are buying something that will fit you as most private sellers understandably aren't going to accept refunds for fit issues.

Austink47

WKR
A lot of the time guys by stuff on sale / clearance and will just sell it here as opposed to sending it back when it doesn’t fit or just wasn’t what they hoped it would be.

dtrkyman

WKR
I scroll the classifieds here and a few other sites often, not usually looking for anything specific, if I see clothes my size that fit a need and they are a deal I buy them. Takes a while to run across a deal but I have gotten several, all my Sitka gear has been bought here or AT. for a fraction of new.

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
I just returned from my fall SoDak pheasant/duck hunt and used some of the gear I bought for my elk hunt this fall. some of the gear worked some didn't. some fit well some didn't. All of the gear is well made and name brand stuff, and I'm in the camp I will just buy more gear seldom selling the stuff that doesn't work for me. an example is my merino wool leggings they were too warm so I'm going to 3/4 length and lighter grade from 250 to 150 gram but the 250 would be great if I was stump sitting. another example is my jacket that I have used for a couple seasons will be too tight when I get layered up so I will need a size up. But my boot choices were spot on as were the socks that worked all day long hunting a lot of miles per day

Rokbar

WKR
Guys buy the clothes during hunting season. After the holidays pass, the clothing items don't fit anymore. Go big or go home!