Selling Used Boots

How do folks go about basing their pricing when they sell a pair of used boots? I have a pair of Crispi’s with maybe 50 miles on them. They’re just a touch small for me. Cleaned up, they’re in great shape but wouldn’t have a clue how to price them out? Any suggestions or experience?

rclouse79

WKR
I am on my third pair of Salomon Quest boots. I bought the first pair at an REI garage sale for about half of retail. They were the only boots I found that didn’t give me blisters. When they started to wear out I started watching ebay. I have since picked up two like new pairs for about $100, which is less than half of new retail. That being said, you can probably get more. I know I lost a lot of auctions where they went for more than I wanted to spend. If you know what you want to get for them I would just do the buy it now option on eBay and forget about it. If they are reasonably priced they will sell eventually.

What I have found when buying new boots of all types (nowadays) is that they can bring out 2 pair in the same size and only one will fit me. So if they are not priced at least 1/2 of what I can find them for (not retail price) it simply is not worth the risk of them not fitting. So, unless I am able to try them on before buying, nothing less than 1/2 the going deal price just is not worth it to me. But then I live in a large metropolitan area where deals are easy to come by, as can be if you are willing to search the internet well. But that is just my .02

Last edited:
OP
coloyooper
What I have found when buying new boots of all types (nowadays) is that they can bring out 2 pair in the same size and on. Or be able to try them on before buying. But then I live in a large metropolitan area where deals are easy to come by, as can be if you are willing to search the internet well. But that is just my .02
Thanks. If only this thread was about buying and not selling.

they fit great in-store. It wasn’t until hiking in them that I realized I should’ve bumped up a half size.

I am a big fan of price where you want and the market will dictate if the price is good or not. If they don’t move quickly enough, lower the price and keep going until they sell or the price is so low you don’t want to sell them anymore.

I think used boots are a tough sell. I see guys asking what I think is way too much for used boots. If they are quite new, like less than 2-3 days in them I think a guy can do alright in resale. I sold a one year old used about 30 days pair of kenetreks up in canada for $100. They were well cared for and still a solid boot. They sold quickly. They are $650 new up here

Free market capitalism. As a seller, you can price them how you see fit. As a buyer, you can pass on an item or attempt to negotiate a new price with a seller. The market will do the rest. The only fair price is the price the market will allow the item to be sold for.