Selway quiver guys

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking to pick up a quiver for my ilf hunting bow. I like the selways. I think I’m leaning towards the strap on because of ease of on and off and adjustability. In chocolate brown. What attachment method do you prefer and why? Also if anyone has some pictures of there colors I would like to see them. Seems like the finish varies a little bit. Thanks.

GLB

WKR
I lIke a strap on quiver the best. I use the Great Northern but Selway‘s are good as well.

oldgoat

WKR
I went with the quick release. Works great, no slippage, easy on and off.
This^^^
I personally have never used their strap on model, I have several sliders and quick disconnect. I like the quick disconnect the best. Their quivers are made of rawhide and it's just naturally going to vary, call them, they might be able to help you out there, also sometimes quivers come out with scars and branding marks which I think could be cool

dlee56

WKR
I like my strap on Selway a lot, I think I like the great northern strap on mechanics better but the fact that Selway is all rawhide is what did it for me. Plus the guys have been awesome to deal with when I've had any issues or questions. I think my next quiver will be the Great Nothern strap on just to give it a try

Last edited:
I almost went with Selway. I ended with up with a thunderhorn strap on. I just liked it more than the Selway. My last Selway was a slide on and I liked it quite a bit but it was a pain to take the quiver on and off.

Super newbie question, but when you draw with a quiver on does it put undue stress on the arrows or are the contact points close enough to the riser that it doesn't really matter?

Rob5589

WKR
Super newbie question, but when you draw with a quiver on does it put undue stress on the arrows or are the contact points close enough to the riser that it doesn't really matter?
Nope. It's not, or should not be, on the working part of the limb.

dlee56

WKR
Essentially it's close enough to the riser that it doesn't matter a ton, but I would recommend tuning your bow and practicing with the quiver on because it does have a small effect

It depends on the bow. I shoot a Hill-style longbow primarily, and the limbs/fadeouts are too thick for strap on quivers, with the exception of the creek walker quiver (which I love to death). Most folks are shooting recurves or modern longbows where the limbs are thin and wide and it’s not an issue.

I like Selway’s slide on the best, because they make it in a longbow version which stays tight and doesn’t twist around like the strap on.

Bails-UK

FNG
Selway slide on are great, once in place you'll never have to touch it again, I also have a Big Jim Strap On, which also is a great quiver, but I prefer the Selway Slide On, the foam is awesome.20220424_124404.jpg

Ethan1930

FNG
Selway quivers are fantastic, and great northern quivers are fantastic. If I had to choose, I think the Selways hold onto the bow just a little tighter and more secure! One less thing that will make a vibration or noise!