Selway Quivers

Looking at Selway Bow Quivers. I've only used the cheap limb mount kwikee's and riser kwikees. Have bow mounted quivers affected your tune? Do you get fletching noise at the shot?

oldgoat

WKR
They haven't effected my tune when pushed far enough onto the fades, I don't have noise at the shot when arrows are oriented correctly from the start in the foam. I start the holes in the foam in the middle on the sides then alternate front and back going across

i have a slide on selway on one bow and like it. i have a limb bolt mounted great northern on my other bow and may like it a little more. the selway i assume is more quiet, which would put it in the overall lead. if i was buying a quiver tomorrow, it would be another selway, but i don't know if i would get the strap version or slide on

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Dream maker Leatherworks. Bo makes some amazing custom stuff! I know he’s on Facebook, not sure where else. I really like how simple his quivers attach.

I have used bow quivers for years and never noticed any effect on tune on or off. I have several slide ons and tie ons. and like mentioned above when arrows are put in the way it is designed , staggered, there is no fletching contact

stump06

WKR
Ive used selway and great northern. Both have been great, have Selway on my bows now

OP
C
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I found a used one and the price is right, so I'm gonna give it a try. Seems more practical since I do more still hunting and stalking than sitting in a stand.

oldgoat

WKR
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I found a used one and the price is right, so I'm gonna give it a try. Seems more practical since I do more still hunting and stalking than sitting in a stand.
If you tough it out and get used to it and get it shoved down far enough on your limbs, you won't want to shoot without one, might seem strange weight and balance at first, it will get to feel normal! Slide it as far on as you can, then go a little farther, if it doesn't stay and you can see room, like if your limbs are a little narrow, you can put something like a chunk of inner tube in there to shore it up.

OP
C
Good to know. My buddy had told me he had issues with it moving.
If you tough it out and get used to it and get it shoved down far enough on your limbs, you won't want to shoot without one, might seem strange weight and balance at first, it will get to feel normal! Slide it as far on as you can, then go a little farther, if it doesn't stay and you can see room, like if your limbs are a little narrow, you can put something like a chunk of inner tube in there to shore it up.

oldgoat

WKR
Good to know. My buddy had told me he had issues with it moving.
I had one of these laying around that I used a piece of, is easier to do on the quick disconnect slide on model, and I'm not talking about the strap on either. But I also used some of one of these with a thunderhorn strap on on a Bear 76r because the limbs are so thin.

I find that I shoot better with quivers attached. So all of my bows have quivers on them.

I have used both slide on and strap on and have found no effect in tuning as long as they are on the fade outs.

I have not noticed a tuning difference with or without the quivers.

My local hunting bows usually have slide on, while my
T/D traveling bows get the strap on style for ease of packing.

My slide on quiver makes a small difference in tuning. I never take it off because I like the weight of it.