Selway?

Eppic77

FNG
Hey everyone- I have been looking at maps, and trying to read information, and i guess I just need some help…In the Selway unit, where can you drive, and where cant you? Specifically if I wanted to Bear hunt, and get away from the population *or maybe i dont?* how far can I drive, or use a 4wheeler? Is there a map system that shows more specifically any areas you can access by vehicle before you start hiking?
Picking a location at random, example Glover Creek and Glover ridge on the east side of Roundtop… how close can you get, what roads are you accessing, and all that?
I appreciate it. I know most people hunt near the salmon creek, maybe i should start there and work up? I just like to get away from people…
Thanks,

Rock-o

WKR
Using Lowell, ID as a starting point go East on Coolwater Road which, according to Gohunt, may be a seasonal road. That will get you to Round Top Mountain. From there it appears to turn to a "Dirt Bike Seasonal" trail - again, according to Gohunt. Hopefully you can see the image. Lowell is about in the middle and Rount Top is the gray pinpoint at the right edge.

You'll want to invest in some GPS software and check out Motor Vehicle Use Maps. Driving off designated roads and trails is prohibited (36 CFR 261.13).

glover.png

Last edited:
OP
E

Eppic77

FNG
Thanks, I don’t have gohunt- I have onX I didn’t even think about it… I’m slow sometimes lol. Do you recommend gohunt? I don’t apply for many tags and I usually know what I want when I do-

Rock-o

WKR
I've only ever used Gohunt. I'm not even sure how it differs from Onx or whatever else. I've been meaning to sign up for another service or two to compare.

b.purcell

FNG
The last time I was in there that “road” up to round top was gated about 100 yards off the main road. Claimed to be COVID related…..A lot of guys had been blowing by it with 4 wheelers, but might be open at this point idk. Would be worth bringing a 4 wheeler just in case.