Semi auto shotguns

AaronL50

FNG
I’m looking for a semi auto shotgun. 12 or 20 gauge. I want something mainly for duck hunting. Whatever I get I want to make sure it can take abuse and is reliable in cold and wet conditions. Anybody got recommendations? Ball park $1000. Thanks.

idahodave

WKR
As-is frequently the case, the first response was the best.

I shoot a Benelli M1, but my son and hunting partner both shoot the Franchi affinity. I’d take the Affinity if starting over. Simply an awesome workhorse.

dave

OP
A

AaronL50

FNG
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll check those out! For the camo versions of any of these guns is that finish as durable as something like cerakote? Especially against water and rust? Is it possible water can infiltrate the camo paint/wrap/finish (I’m not really sure what they use) or is that not a concern?

68Plexi

WKR
Winchester SX3 or 4. Absolutely love my SX3. It’s been flawless in cycling with minimal cleaning and shoots very soft.

Ditto. When I was in your position I went to Sportmans and grabbed all the shotguns between $800 - $1200 and the Winchester SX3 just felt the most balanced and shouldered the easiest. Those are personal fit characteristics so it may be different for you. I’d pick up a bunch and see what fits you. Mine also cycles with far less cleaning than I should give it. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk