Semi commercial grade stuffer recommendations

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I need to upgrade the stuffer my group uses for salami making. We typically do between 400-600 lb wet of salami logs, brats, and a small amount of slim jims (will do way more slim jims with better stuffer). Our current stuffer is a manual crank LEM unit and shes pretty tired and is the bottle neck for the whole process. What can yall recommend for an electric or hydraulic unit under $1200. The group I worked with growing up had a 50lb water hydraulic stuffer that was beyond slick but they're also way out of our price range. The game plan is to split the cost of a nice tool each year and have a really pro setup in 5yr or so.

Perhaps you should look into building a water/hydraulic one out of PVC. Google/YouTube Kirby Canon. If you would like I describe how much build mine out of 6in pipe. Have around $100 in it and now the grinder is the slowest part of the operation.

The larger Cabela's grinders (1 1/2 & 1 3/4 HP) are pretty legit. I have the older version of the 1 3/4 horse and it works good. That paired with a large Cabela's stuffer with the motor/foot pedal addition for stuffing into casing or stuffing burger into the plastic bags works great. I have also heard good things about the Weston grinders and stuffers. Weston made the Cabela's grider I have, but I'm not sure about the newer line they sell now.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I recently tried to buy the cabelas electric stuffer under the impression all there pro series stuff was lifetime warranty. And they tried to sell me an extended warranty at the register. They no longer do the lifetime warranty with the bass pro take over. The only one I have seen thats even close to affordable is the lem electric. Looking forward to see if anyone has other info

h_soape

FNG
We use a LEM electric stuffer with foot pedal for making smoke sausage and like it a lot. Never have done bigger sizes like bologna with it.

I do wish the reverse was faster but that’s my only hiccup with it. And it’s way under your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghunter3

FNG
Don't get a small one. Make sure you get one that hold enough meat so you don't have to refill it every time you turn around. I would recommend at least a 15lb size

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gburk

WKR
looks like @Timberridge hasn't been around for awhile. Does anyone else have some experience with water pressure stuffers, homemade or otherwise?
I'm intrigued by the efficiency of it, and would be happy to not spend $1000 on the LEM 30lb powered stuffer. I would buy their 25lb manual crank stuffer instead, but as noted elsewhere it's not recommended for small-diameter casings. I've done snacksticks on a similar manual crank stuffer, and it did feel like I was about to bust a gear with all the torque that was required.

looks like @Timberridge hasn't been around for awhile. Does anyone else have some experience with water pressure stuffers, homemade or otherwise?
I'm intrigued by the efficiency of it, and would be happy to not spend $1000 on the LEM 30lb powered stuffer. I would buy their 25lb manual crank stuffer instead, but as noted elsewhere it's not recommended for small-diameter casings. I've done snacksticks on a similar manual crank stuffer, and it did feel like I was about to bust a gear with all the torque that was required.
My LEM 15 is not recommended for sticks. My cuz has a 30-35 cabelas and it has issues with over pressure running sticks. I dont make sticks but he uses his grinder to run sticks and fill ground meat tubes rather than his stuffer.