Semi guided float hunt

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
I have most of my gear to go just looking for suggestions on must have gear. Footwear the guy that’s putting it together list suggests lacrosse alphaburly rubbber boots don’t know if 15 days in rubber boots is good for me. Looking at kennetrek? Any advice or suggestions welcome

those alpha burleys are pretty comfortable. i have spent alot of time in them surveying up on the slope and around town. rotate out socks daily so you always start with dry ones. i always bring 3 pairs of socks which ever ones i wore that day throw them in the bottom of the sleeping bag and they are dry by morning.

rubber on a river trip. buy a bunch of gold bond powder and apply liberally every morning to your feet. That will help with the wetness. leather boots will never dry out.

bmrfish

WKR
Stocking foot waders coupled with good wading boots. Aquasocks to wear with boots on rare days waders aren’t needed. Between in and out of rafts, crossing bogs and sloughs, incessant rain, we have lived in our waders on the trips we took in Alaska.
69802b07f09071cadb5cb2feb20e3e8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooster

WKR
Lived 12 days in simms stocking foots and their wading boots. Very comfortable as used them for hiking as well as on/in the h20. I did cut my waders on the last day. Simms repaired at no cost and sent back with priority mail.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Boli, that photo Bmrfish posted is pretty much what to expect for "saddle up moments" over a 2-week fall hunt. If you take any advice for its weight in gold...SIMMS G3 waders and Freestone wading boots are it.

On a day(s) like Bmrfish showed, a quick jetboil water boil poured into your wading boots will warm your toes through the neoprene stocking foot and lighten your mood. With any other option, however great those are in certain scenarios, you aint gonna have the same experience!

With this option you also dont need to pack rain pants or fancy camo pants for that matter.

Good luck.