Sentimental Item in your pack?

4ester

WKR
Had a great friend who passed away from the big C a few years ago (taken too early). He was a great influence on me as a young hunter, and contributed for my love of the outdoors.

Just before he passed he bought my newborn son a pair of those small cloth booties, in camo of course. Since his passing I always have one of those in my pack.

Anybody else carry a sentimental item with them while hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
My father hunted with a 7mm as long as I can remember. When he passed away I took his ashes and made loaded 7mm rounds but instead of gun powder I used his ashes and soldered a keychain in the primer pocket. Gave one to each of his grandkids that hunt and one for myself and now he still hunts with all of us.

My case xx hunting folder...my old man gave it to me when I killed my first deer when I was 12..30 yrs later still use it everytime I butcher an animal. He passed away 16 years ago.

87TT

WKR
My Grandfather died when I was 6 or 7 (60 years ago). He hunted and fished when ever he wasn't working. He had had polio when he was a young kid but it didn't stop him. A few years after he passed, I found a knife that he made with a bone handle. Dressed ands skinned my first deer and every one after with it. Also a couple of elk. The blade had shrunk to about half from sharpening. For the last 3 years, I have been using an outdoor edge almost exclusively but Grandpa's knife will always be in my pack.

My dad passed away when i was 26 (5 years ago). I carry a small canister of ashes on every hunt and either sprinkle some on the gut pile or at any great location that I think he would appreciate.

Fullfan

WKR
My youngest daughter put a stuffed snow leopard in my gear when she was 6. I never discovered it until I arrived in Idaho. She is now 19 and it has made the trip every year. I take pics of it when I kill a bull. She gets a big kick out of it.

Fatcamp

WKR
My mom had bought some US savings bonds for me in the 70's. She found them in a safety deposit box a few years ago and sent them to me with the understanding I use the money to buy myself something I really wanted. No bills.

This rifle goes with me everywhere.

KIMG2438~2.JPG

keller

WKR
A knife an old friend made for me.he had hunting dreams but health failed him before he was able to accomplish them.