September Colorado Elk Budget Sleeping bag

fabes22

FNG
Might want to look into the Eolus 0 Degree down bag from Hyke and Byke. I love mine! And you can't beat the price. Been using it at over 11,000 feet the past two years and it has performed better than I ever imagined it would for a $190 bag. Good luck!

Bags and quilts are sold here everyday. Select a rating below the probable temps of your hunt and you'll be fine. Don't go super cheap, the loss of sleep ain't worth it.

Superdoo

WKR
One thing to remember when looking at H&B products is they utilize the extreme limit as their label for the bag. So their 0* bag is actually at best a 10* and at worst a 30*
OV on the other hand, uses the lower comfort range. So if you're comparing OV to an H&B 0* bag, the OV is actually negative 10*. That temperature is what is known as "a little nippy" here in ND.;)

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Teton sleeping back and ran it 3rd season in November. I ran the 0 degree and it was true to listed weight and 3.5. Their 20 degree is listed at sub 2.8 lbs. you can find them for around $100 on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

WKR
Those are attractive prices! Unfortunately for me, it appears they do not make a long version of anything...

OldGrayJB

WKR
Those are attractive prices! Unfortunately for me, it appears they do not make a long version of anything...
Mountain Hardwear sells extra long bags if you buy directly from them. For those 6'6" or taller. I've never seen that size at any of their retailers. Unfortunately you won't find the good discounts.

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
I too am gearing up and trying to come up with a bag/pad for CO archery. I'm looking at truck camping but I'm prepared to pack in 2-3 miles to save a couple hours of walking each day. I've been watching around for a month or two and found a North Face Bigfoot XL from the 80s. -5F rating, and only used about 10 nights. I did a web search and found a few very favorable reviews and no bad ones. It was a $150 bag in the 80s. I paid $25 and it looks like brand new. Craigslist.

It's a little heavy for packing and probably better suited to the truck but I am 6'5' and 280, so proportionally, not terrible. I won't be walking around with camp on my back every day so for 3 miles in and 3 out I can deal it if I pack in for a few nights. Now I'm off to a pad.

Firehawk

WKR
I bought a Klymit KSB 20* Down bag from their outlet a few years ago for about $100. Not the lightest at 2.7 lbs, but it is comfortable to sleep in and packs down pretty well. I also have their KSB 0* bag and it is SOO comfortable, but it is heavier.

This might be gross to some but I have bought several used sleeping bags. Most have been from the REI Member garage sale which had been used once or twice and then returned. I was able to save good money and then upgrade some other hunting goods at some of the retail supporters of these website.
Why not? That’s a good point!

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Marmot has awesome sales on their site frequently, I picked up a never summer 0 deg down bag for half price $150