September Elk Boots

sivart

WKR
I've been searching all winter. I tried a buddy's pair of Thors. The sole is just too narrow for me. Feels like i'm walking on stilts.

I've been running Danner 452s for years. Only issue with them, they don't last, and not even remotely waterproof.

Any recommendations is appreciated.

ATX_Tyler

FNG
Well... I was going to recommend Salomon's, but if you don't like a narrow sole, those may not be the best option. A friend of mine tried the Crispi Idaho's this year in September and he liked em. He has a much wider foot than me, so maybe those would be an option to look at.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa renegades are a wider boot. I also have a pair of crispi valdres that are a touch narrower but very comfortable. Find a store that has several options for you to try on or buy from free returns websites. It is stated all the time on here that boots and packs are personal preferences especially when you move to the higher end. Danner 452 are nice and comfortable but you are correct in they don’t last long. Spend as much as you feel comfortable with and look for boots in that price range and read reviews. That’s my 2 cents. Good luck in your quest. If you have any questions just pm me and I will try to assist you as best I can.

cprepula

FNG
I've run Salomons the last few years and loved them. I've put a lot of miles on them. Great for September archery hunts. I'm due for a new pair this year and considering the Lowas and Crispis as well. Interested to see what others have to say.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa renegades are a wider boot. I also have a pair of crispi valdres that are a touch narrower but very comfortable. Find a store that has several options for you to try on or buy from free returns websites. It is stated all the time on here that boots and packs are personal preferences especially when you move to the higher end. Danner 452 are nice and comfortable but you are correct in they don’t last long. Spend as much as you feel comfortable with and look for boots in that price range and read reviews. That’s my 2 cents. Good luck in your quest. If you have any questions just pm me and I will try to assist you as best I can.
+1
CC.jpg

Ebby

WKR
Crispi Nevada is a great boot but a little heavier than some o the other listed. They come in an insulated and uninsulated version. I run the insulated pretty much year round. I also have a pair of Valadres that are lighter duty but that's what I wore on my Sept Elk hunt this year.

Lee

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I am leaving sept. 8 for my 7th trip to Co. I use the Stone Creek Backtrail hiking boots that you can buy at Academy Sports, if you have one in your town. These boots used to be made by Coleman, called "Coleman dry". They are 100% waterproof and have good support. I have tried others but these do every thing the more expensive ones did. I have 3 pairs of them. 1 pair I have had for 6 yrs.

JWAZ

FNG
Kenetrek's Hardscrabble Hikers are an awesome September boot and a good option if you have wider feet. They make them available in EE wide. My Kenetreks have been my go-to mountain boots for the last 4 years.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I moved on from Solomon Quests this year to a couple different pairs of UA boots (Verge?? for non-GTX and Infil Hike with GTX) by recommendation from @ElkNut1. Both have been phenomenal, the most comfortable and lightweight boots I've owned. Zero break-in period, just a little skeptical on durability but yet TBD.

Ran the crispi summit gtx last fall in Montana elk hunting. Zero break in, light and super comfortable BUT they are 100% NOT waterproof, my feet were wet the entire trip and I dryed them out every night back at camp ( and yes I treated them with the crispi waterproofing cream)

ICU_RN

FNG
Tried crispi last year. Put 105 miles on them. First time ever ever, be it hiking, hunting, or when I worked construction in my younger years, that I never had a sore spot, hot spot, or blister. Ever.