September Elk nuts

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I intend to be in CO hunting elk this coming September. Most of the unit I am scouting is 7-11k feet with average temps in the 60-70's. My list is probably going to be Pnuma tenacity pants, core LW hoodie, ascent hoodie and a Jetstream jacket for light rain or chilly temp drops. I have some FL base layers to bring if I needed too, but I wasn't sure how much people actually need to layer up there.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t wear thermals in September. Was in a t-shirt this last year, wishing I had zip off pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ian Ketterman

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t wear thermals in September. Was in a t-shirt this last year, wishing I had zip off pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't get too chilly up there? I was up on Mt Evans last September and it felt cold as hell with the wind howling.

Brendan

WKR
Expect everything from 80 and sunny, to rain, to 20's and snow.

Granted I haven't hunted Arizona or New Mexico yet, but I will always, always have top and bottom hard shell rain gear, a puffy jacket, and gaiters at my disposal. You can always leave them in the truck.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Hunted 2nd/3rd week of September around 10,000-11,000 last year and it got down into teens several nights, so don’t go with just a T-shirt. I had merino base layers top and bottom, mid layer fleece, a puffy and rain gear. Extreme temperatures swings are common, had it be mid teens and snowing night/early morning and then 60s mid afternoon.

I hunted the end of sept last year in Wyoming and the most important gear for me was my merino base layers and GOOD BOOTS (I got Lowa Tibets). I say the merino base layers cause if wet or dry you will help keep you warm.