Serious offroad vehicle

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
@Carpenterant -

Perhaps, but unlike a Toyota, a tank don't give 2 fu*ks about door dings. With a tank, if you want a parking spot that has a lifted Tacoma sitting in it, you roll right over and put your tank on top of it.
Ya, except with the tank you'd need a semi and trailer just to haul that thing to your hunting area. So now you need parking for the semi and trailer as well. ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Or if a Tacoma, sitting in a dealer service bay on a lift and getting a new frame to replace the original one that rusted out.

Pick your poison

JL
I'll take the Tacoma 8 days a week. That tank is junk, just like every piece of "rolling" stock in the US military supply chain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Or if a Tacoma, sitting in a dealer service bay on a lift and getting a new frame to replace the original one that rusted out.

Pick your poison

JL
My Toyota mechanic warned me about this when I told him I was looking for a taco. I was pretty surprised since people seem to worship that truck but this guy has been a Toyota mechanic for 30 years so I took his advice and got a tundra.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
My Toyota mechanic warned me about this when I told him I was looking for a taco. I was pretty surprised since people seem to worship that truck but this guy has been a Toyota mechanic for 30 years so I took his advice and got a tundra.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Planned obsolescence is all I can chalk it up to, great motor, shitty frame. 15+ years of history on this and it still seems like Toyota is not willing to spend the extra couple hundred bucks (at most) to really treat the frame with galvanizing or something that will protect it. For as expensive those trucks are and as good as the engines are (prior to 3rd gen) they should take care of the problem at the root cause.
JL

not just tacomas, tundras and sequoias have the frame rust issue.

was a 110k mile very clean tundra for sale here a couple weeks ago that the frame was garbage on......pretty sad.