Setting up a 4 person hunt with 3 Newbs, what would you suggest???

OP
Deucebump

Deucebump

WKR
Mid hunt update….while hunting for antelope the final day of the season, we found this guy. After putting a plan together for my buddy that rode out with me 2 days before the 2 came out, we got as close as we could get. I ranged him at at 570, and my buddy looked at me with all honesty and said “Im not comfortable at that range”. I thought for a second, and simply said, Im really sorry man, but Im going to kill it then. He said go ahead! So I did! Now the others have arrived and we have 1 day down and not much action today. High hopes for tomorrow. 4 days to go, 3 buck tags to fill. All is going awesome and all in great spirits.
IMG_4695.jpeg

OP
Deucebump

Deucebump

WKR
Thanks! Day 2 update…. We switched up partners today. And was lucky to find another buck right after daylight. My newb did awesome as we made a 3/4 mile stalk and he made a great 1 shot kill at 325 yds on this buck. He was so pumped to get his first muley on his first ever western trip. 3 days to go and 2 tags to fill. It has been a bit of a grind trying to find deer, but all are hunting hard and staying positive!
IMG_4713.jpeg

OP
Deucebump

Deucebump

WKR
Day 4 update…Switched up tag holders today, and was lucky enough to get on a nice buck this morning. And was able to fill his tag. Took the last tag holder out for the afternoon, put another 10 miles on and turned up a good buck but it just didnt give us enough time for a shot. But was able to get on a buck shortly before dark and was able to get it shot, but unfortunately the shot wasnt great. Hoping to find it expired in the morning. Fingers crossed. These guys have all been troopers the entire time and all have been willing to put in the work.
IMG_4734.jpeg

OP
Deucebump

Deucebump

WKR
Headed out this morning and was fortunate enough to walk right to where we watched the wounded buck bed last night and he had expired. That completes the deer hunt with all 4 tags filled. The entire trip has been a huge success. Zero arguments, no complaining, and all are better friends now than we ever have been. Gonna wrap up the day by going to do some prairie dog hunting, picking up meat and going to dinner before heading home tomorrow morning. I hope anybody that has followed along over this past year will see that not all group experiences have to be negative, and taking a chance on some newbs can be an awesome experience!
IMG_4768.jpeg

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. That’s awesome you guys were able to tag out. Shows the power of a positive attitude.

AKBorn

WKR
Great job by all 4 of you, and good on you for finding all of them a buck! Sounds like everything went as well as anyone could have hoped.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Commendable - well done! Congrats to everyone involved but especially you for stepping up and giving everyone the opportunity! (y)

TaperPin

WKR
Headed out this morning and was fortunate enough to walk right to where we watched the wounded buck bed last night and he had expired. That completes the deer hunt with all 4 tags filled. The entire trip has been a huge success. Zero arguments, no complaining, and all are better friends now than we ever have been. Gonna wrap up the day by going to do some prairie dog hunting, picking up meat and going to dinner before heading home tomorrow morning. I hope anybody that has followed along over this past year will see that not all group experiences have to be negative, and taking a chance on some newbs can be an awesome experience!
View attachment 628396
Good job!
Did a scope smack your friend in the eye?

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on a successful hunt and what sounds like successful leadership! Sounds like a heck of a trip, way to stay positive!

OP
Deucebump

Deucebump

WKR
Thanks to all for the kind words. It was a trip to remember. And TaperPin, yes in the heat of the moment trying to get another shot at the wounded buck he did scope himself pretty bad. 🤣 We spent the last day today shooting prairie dogs, picking up meat and going to get a good dinner. Tomorrow starts the 24 hour drive home….
IMG_4784.jpeg