SEVR in Alaska

For guys knowledgeable on Alaska regs. Are SEVR Broadheads legal in Alaska considering the Alaska definition of a barbed Broadhead reads:

“barbed means, in the case of an arrowhead, having any fixed portion of the rear edge of the arrowhead forming an angle less than 90 degrees with the shaft when measured from the nock end of the arrow; a notch or space of no more than two millimeters between the base of the blade and the shaft shall not be considered a barb”

Ultimately, as it was explained to me in my bow hunter cert. class, any expandable that had blades that would not rotate up past 90 degrees to the ferrule is considered barbed and therefore illegal. Do SEVRs lock up before they reach that 90 degree point?

For guys knowledgeable on Alaska regs. Are SEVR Broadheads legal in Alaska considering the Alaska definition of a barbed Broadhead reads:

“barbed means, in the case of an arrowhead, having any fixed portion of the rear edge of the arrowhead forming an angle less than 90 degrees with the shaft when measured from the nock end of the arrow; a notch or space of no more than two millimeters between the base of the blade and the shaft shall not be considered a barb”

Ultimately, as it was explained to me in my bow hunter cert. class, any expandable that had blades that would not rotate up past 90 degrees to the ferrule is considered barbed and therefore illegal. Do SEVRs lock up before they reach that 90 degree point?
Call Alaska Fish and Wildlife. The word fixed sounds like it shouldn't apply to mechanicals. I can't think of one that has an open position that ISN'T Less than 90 to the shaft. That said you should not pay attention to what I say because I'm some internet yahoo and not in any way affiliated with the people you should be asking, ADFG.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The SEVR blades can fold back forward and do not lock back creating the barb. The SEVR will allow the arrow to work its way out of the animal if it didn’t pass through which is really the purpose of that law. I would still call and get their interpretation but to me a SEVR is not barbed due to how the head functions