Sewing project idea's

Just got into sewing and made some zipper pouches was wonder what other small projects idea. Planning on building a tee pee once i get some more time on the machine.
Thanks!

ghost338

FNG
Sounds like you're on your way. How about a pillow, pack rain cover, or tarp? Those are smaller projects than a shelter and good practice.

eagle_eye

FNG
Make a stuff sack for your tipi. I made two stuff sacks/meat bags before I tackled my Stretched TUT project.
Or just bite the bullet and get that tipi going. I had no sewing experience before this. I'm also looking for some smaller projects as well. Thinking about making a Grab-It for my pack and a few zipper pouches too.
Maybe a Cargo Panel as well. It would be nice to have a DIY Index for easy lookup of past projects categorized by type of project.

OP
martensmax
Thanks guys gonna be getting some snow tonight might be a good time to start another project

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
I would highly recommend doing a simple tarp (for example a glassing tarp) with at least one ridge-seam before tackling a tipi. By sewing the tarp you will invariably learn some valuable lessons (e.g. rolled-hem edge, tie-out reinforcement, flat-felled seams, thread tension, fabric tension while sewing, needle placement, what do do at corners where seam allowances overlap, using basting tape to hold seams together before you sew them, etc.). Its incredibly fun and rewarding to sew your own gear. Good luck with your projects and don't hesitate to ask questions on these forums, there are some guys on here that know a ton and produce professional quality gear at home.

LaGriz

WKR
Along these lines I'm thinking of a custom annex for use with my Alaknak Vestibule while camping solo.

The tent vestibule has stand up room and is normally attached to the door of my 12'X12' tent. On the occasion's when solo, mobile, & moving regularly within a hunting unit, this could be an alternative to deploying the tent. The proposed annex wood need to attach to the vestibule door frame. This floorless Vestibule is made of the same waterproof material as the Alaknak tent. In an effort to properly vent the shelter the annex will need a dedicated vent/window. In a perfect world, it will be so equipped with a large sealable window (with mosquito netting) to be closed when needed. I would also like a stove jack installed in the annex to utilize my Wi-Fi Stove when the weather dictates.

This proposed middle-weight camping shelter would be used at the trail head and doesn't need to be of ultra-light construction. For that reason I'm thinking the material can be as robust (and breathable) as canvas or maybe of one of the more heavy duty Sill-Nylon materials. Very open to any suggestions on material.

My sewing ability is pretty limited. Can anyone recommend someone that I could discuss the possibility of building one? I apologize for the high jacking of the thread. That was not my intention when I started to type this and I got carried away.
LaGriz