Sewing with Paracord Loops

hjcruger

FNG
Hi, everyone. I see a lot of shelters that have paracord sewn into the seams, both as tieouts and means of tying doors up. Has anyone had any luck sewing paracord into seams, and in particular, flat felled seams? I've sewed a bit of cord into the face of fabric by hand before, but I've never tried to work the cord into seams, and would appreciate any tips. Thanks, take care, and stay healthy.

I haven't done this in particular, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. I would recommend "gutting" the paracord before you do it so that the paracord is flatter and less of a sewing obstacle.

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
I used a paracord loop and toggle to tie up doors on one of my DIY shelters. It works great and is pretty darn easy. Like couesbitten said, it's best to gut the paracord and then heat-seal the ends. After that I pinned it down in the flat felled seam. I decided to lay the ends side-by-side instead of stacked on top of each other, but I don't think it makes a big difference. I back-tacked over the paracord in 2 rows to make sure it was held down well and that was it.