SG Approach pack

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
Just recieved the SG Approach in the mail today. This is a 1896 CI pack with built in spotting scope pocket. It utilizes the Krux frame and can be removed and swapped with the Terminus and Solo packs. I attached a couple pics and will follow up after I get some use out of it this weekend.

115_1181.jpg115_1176.jpg115_1180.jpg115_1173.jpg115_1172.jpg

OP
Snipershirt

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
I was asked for a couple pics of the inside and bottom of the krux frame. Hopefully these help. 115_1168.jpg115_1169.jpg

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
With permission of the owners, I have moderated this thread. The thread has been brought back to a discussion of the pack and its merits.

Rosklide is grateful to Stone Glacier for putting up packs for evaluation and debate. Rokslide would welcome Stone Glacier as a sponsor, and SG would be a great fit considering Rokslide's backcountry hunting membership.

Please limit this thread's discussion to the OP's post.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron, Ryan, Dotman, Matt ,
I am definitely interested in becoming a Rokslide sponsor and have been for some time. As mentioned by Dotman in this original thread, Rokslide is a great demographic that fits well with the business. Up to this point I have had to prioritize production vs. advertising, with production consuming all available resources in the start-up phase. I appreciate the discussion and the support here on Rokslide and would enjoy being a contributing part. Feel free to email or call to discuss the options that may work for me. Thanks for the opportunity.
Kurt

Slim Jim

WKR
All the luck to you in your business, looks like you have a nice product. Hope to see your ad banners here soon on the site

While the pack looks interesting, I am not sold on the fabric. Is the best feature it's weight to load carry capabilities ratio? Defined as carry weight / pack weight.

jherald

WKR
That is one of the better features; You can carry a huge load compared to the weight of the pack. It's a minimalist design and that is the intent of the pack. Simple but durable materials and build. The fabric is quite tough and although the xpac fabric which is integrated into parts of the pack is by nature noisy and crinkly sounding if you wad it together, doesn't make noise at all when I've been packing the pack around.

I like the pack for what it is, simple, minimal, and can haul a heavy load if needed. I have the Terminus and the Approach is next on my list. I see the Approach bag as something I can carry along with me on a hunt and have a good day pack while scouting from base camp or spike camp. I myself don't mind carrying the sparse weight of the Approach bag along with the Terminus and my regular hike-in hunting kit.

ctdad

FNG
I have a terminus ordered. My plan was to compress it down and use it as a day pack as well. Do terminus owners think it will make a fair day pack or would the approach be recommended as well?

jherald

WKR
It will compress down and work as a day pack. I've used it in that aspect and works fine. But, with the single top opening of the Terminus it's not as easy to get things in and out of it, I'm going to pick up an approach so I can have both a full hike in pack and a good day pack/ scouting pack.

blb078

WKR
I have a terminus ordered. My plan was to compress it down and use it as a day pack as well. Do terminus owners think it will make a fair day pack or would the approach be recommended as well?

I have the Terminus and it'll work fine as a day back, compresses really small. As mentioned above it's just a single top opening which for me will work fine for a day pack.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord