SG Avail with SG Nalgene holster? And other questions

schmalzy

WKR
Looking for feedback or experiences if anyone has used the SG Nalgene holster with the avail? Test fitted it at Scheels and looked like it would be great but was curious if anyone has done it.

Secondly, any feedback using it as an EDC work bag or for ski touring?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
The avail looks like a great commuter/EDC bag, I have friends with them. I'd definitely hike etc with one but prob not hunt it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
schmalzy

schmalzy

WKR
The avail looks like a great commuter/EDC bag, I have friends with them. I'd definitely hike etc with one but prob not hunt it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yep, edc and hiking what im looking for. For most of my hunting the terminus fits the bill.

I used mine for ski touring and SAR for a few years, it’s too small for a full days worth of ski kit in my opinion. But perfect for quick 2-3 hour tours

Kostrize

WKR
It’s good for EDC and summer hiking. The Nalgene holster works but the fit isn’t as good as the regular X curve belt.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the older Nalgene holder (goes under your arm) w/ my Avail- I've attached their pockets to the belt, so the belt mounted one shouldn't be a problem.

I found it to have sufficient volume for a long day in the mountains and carries both skis or snowshoes when they aren't needed.

uOpLsB9.jpg

1mNqvD5.jpg

You can remove the waist belt if needed for edc or travel.

Used this exact set up for five day hike last fall with my wife across the Slovenian Alps. We were hiking hut-to-hut so we didn't have to carry shelter or food (beyond snacks and daily water). Before filling up the Nalgene and spare blatter with water my pack was around 20 pounds. The SG Avail pack and Nalgene holder were perfect for this trip.

OP
schmalzy

schmalzy

WKR
Thank you guys, exactly what I was looking for.