SG bought by Vista Group

CLP

FNG
Really hoping that this becomes beneficial by injecting some additional working capital and letting them expand the brand the way Kurt and his team see fit. Could be a great thing if that’s the case.

My fear is they scale production to stock more in retail stores and quality/customer service suffers.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Makes me want to create some redundancies in my gear now, for fear things may change. Doesn't hurt to have an extra frame and pack around.

Two is one and one is none as they say.

SG will turn into vortex sun here Japanese made vipers are daughter after but the Chinese ones are junk.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I appreciate the views and concerns regarding Stone Glacier’s acquisition by Vista, and I also understand any fear that there would be change in our company or products. I can assure you that there is no one that has more time and energy invested in Stone Glacier than myself, and no one cares more about the direction and culture of Stone Glacier than I. The sale to Vista offers Stone Glacier and employees more opportunity and security to provide the service and products at the high level we have set for ourselves. If the sale would not benefit Stone Glacier, its employees, and its customers, we would not have done it. We are in the business of providing the best gear and service we can to our customers, to provide an enjoyable, secure work environment to our employees, and this sale is another step to help ensure that for the future.

There are no changes to our business model, customer service, product development, manufacturing, or any other customer concerns. I am staying in the same designer role, Jeff Sposito is continuing as our CEO. All employees at Stone Glacier are remaining the same and in the same roles as well. To say that there are no changes to be expected at all would not be realistic, however we are in a state of constant change with our growth and we will navigate any new path with the same compass we have been using. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions I can help with.

Best

Kurt

[email protected]

I appreciate the views and concerns regarding Stone Glacier’s acquisition by Vista, and I also understand any fear that there would be change in our company or products. I can assure you that there is no one that has more time and energy invested in Stone Glacier than myself, and no one cares more about the direction and culture of Stone Glacier than I. The sale to Vista offers Stone Glacier and employees more opportunity and security to provide the service and products at the high level we have set for ourselves. If the sale would not benefit Stone Glacier, its employees, and its customers, we would not have done it. We are in the business of providing the best gear and service we can to our customers, to provide an enjoyable, secure work environment to our employees, and this sale is another step to help ensure that for the future.

There are no changes to our business model, customer service, product development, manufacturing, or any other customer concerns. I am staying in the same designer role, Jeff Sposito is continuing as our CEO. All employees at Stone Glacier are remaining the same and in the same roles as well. To say that there are no changes to be expected at all would not be realistic, however we are in a state of constant change with our growth and we will navigate any new path with the same compass we have been using. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions I can help with.

Best

Kurt

[email protected]

Congrats sir. Vista Outdoors ESPP program just gained a lot of value. Hopefully Stone Glacier Employees gained a huge benefits value . Hope y’all have an awesome year

Best

Kurt

[email protected]

Kurt,

Congratulations to you and your team. May your new financial reporting obligations be only mildly burdensome 😁

jmez

WKR
There will be no changes as long as your bottom line meets their expectations. At the end of the day you may be asked for input, you won't make final decisions.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
Kurt,

I hope you made a ridiculous pile of cash for all the work you put into SG. Congrats to you and all the staff at SG. Proud of you guys....You guys built a hell of a brand.

Reactions: WRO

gdiemer

WKR
Was a little concerned about product quality long term but after reading Kurt’s post on this thread, I’m feeling much more optimistic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at acquiring a 4th SG pack and another frame, I love the quality and style. If Kurt says the decision is beneficial for customers then I'll take him at his word and see no reason to worry or speculate.

92xj

WKR
@Kurt was meateater a bidder and turned away because of the views of their parent company?

ChrisAU

WKR
Why? It might get SG more business if people knew they made a decision based off values and principles and not 100% based off money.

And potentially turn away a lot of people out there who wants to buy an SG pack because they saw Steve Rinella wearing one? You know Kurt was on the most recent season of MeatEater right? Politicizing business decisions to make one side feel warm and fuzzy is a fool's game. I don't see any reason at all for Kurt to answer that question.