SG De Havilland Pant review

big44a4

WKR
Anyone have an experience with the Stone Glacier De Havilland pants? I’m looking to get a pair for a 2nd pair of pants for mid to late September hunts?

How well do they dump heat with those big zips? Or do you think they are too warm to wear mid September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright406

WKR
Dumping heat they are great. In my experience they were too loud and warm for me for September and in Montana. I would place them in the mid to later season hunt category. Just my two pennies. Solid pants though!!

sr80

WKR
I think theyre great pants, definitely at the top of my list of pants, right next to the timberline pants. Zippered legs are great, i find i can wear them in warm weather because of the venting and they're built tough!

dyllanmurray

Lil-Rokslider
I just received mine today. I ordered a Medium since I wear a 34 in the Eddie Bauer Guide Pant. These SG pants fit like size 30 Eddie Bauer Guide Pant. That being said, the pockets are killer, the material feels really solid, and the inseam is spot on. I'll definitely keep these pants since I am dropping the sympathy pregnancy weight. Honestly, I went to buy another pair in the same size since I'm so stoked on these pants. They should fit like a glove come spring bear season!

Kotaman

WKR
If they had a normal/regular waist button and zipper, they'd be a favorite of mine. I just don't love the way they "fasten". Got rid of mine because of it. I realize this is one of the things that makes these different/stand out, but I don't like it.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair and used them in unseasonably warm Idaho late October. Maybe it's my build or my gait, but both I and my hunting partner weren't fans of how "loud" they were. The cut is also a bit more baggy than I'd prefer. I'll most likely be posting them up

sr80

WKR
If they had a normal/regular waist button and zipper, they'd be a favorite of mine. I just don't love the way they "fasten". Got rid of mine because of it. I realize this is one of the things that makes these different/stand out, but I don't like it.
It definitely took a bit to get used to

3forks

WKR
I think the waist on the De Havilland pants is great.

I’m tall, skinny, and have no ass, so I’ve always had to cinch my pants up with a belt. Having no belt or buttons between my waist and my pack’s hip belt is a pretty significant improvement in my opinion. I find I get less slippage (and obviously less pressure points with the De Havilland pants). One of my biggest gripes is if you bend at the waist and your pants and belt slip a little and end up below your pack’s waist belt. Having to stop and readjust your pack while cinching up your pants is drag; but I haven’t had that happen with the De Havillands.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
How heavy are these compared to say a timberline or attack? As in are they in between in warmth or closer to the timberline?

Slightly heavier material

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Slightly heavier material

Agreed. They are similar IMO to the Kuiu Axis Hybrid pant from a warmth standpoint, and weigh 1/2 oz more @ 24 oz (vs 23.5 oz for the Axis Hybrid).