Sg lumbar pad

chad1926

FNG
Hey everyone,
Just seeing what people that have a stone glacier xcurve frame think about the lumbar pad on the belt.
To me the belt feels really ridged compared to other packs I’ve tried, is their a break in period with the pad were it gets softer over time? Im sure it would offer more support with a heavier load than a softer pad.

I love it. Not oversized like some. You can also change, rearrange the foam which is nice. I tried it a few different ways until I liked how it felt

md126

WKR
SG is the only frame I tried that didn’t slip under load. Comfortable in day mode too in my opinion.

ToolMann

WKR
5 minutes as a member and found a thread with the question I was going to ask. Getting rid of my old pack and finally upgrading. Bought my wife a Kuiu Pro system last year. I wore it backpacking once and took it to Montana this year. Never carried more than 45 pounds, but loved the lumbar pad. Seems to lock the pack in place. I also have three bad discs and it seems to help a bunch. Looking at SG and Exo options before I make a decision on another Kuiu or another option and wondering if their lumbar pads are similar in size.

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
Ya the pack definitely does hold its place really well, I haven’t had any slipping at all

sr80

WKR
I took that smaller piece of foam that they put in there and stuffed another full sized piece of foam in there in its place. Works great for me.

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
I ended up calling them last week and talking it over with them and they are sending me an extra set of foam to change around or add to the existing to see what feels best,
Excellent customer service, appreciate them taking the time to talk about what exactly is going on and getting it fine tuned.