SG new rain gear, M5, thoughts?

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had mine for a week but sadly nothing more than a misting and a steady light sprinkling to actually test it. It layers well and with a hoodie does well in the upper 30s to up 40s for temps. With actual base layers it does well when active. Hopefully it will start really raining sometime soon so I can test it properly. I got mine in gray and I’m seriously considering getting another one for everyday around town use, the jacket Looks great.

FHT_365

FNG
I’m also interested in this. I have quite a few sets of rain gear from other hunting brands and can’t seem to find one I like.

I’ve had mine for a week but sadly nothing more than a misting and a steady light sprinkling to actually test it. It layers well and with a hoodie does well in the upper 30s to up 40s for temps. With actual base layers it does well when active. Hopefully it will start really raining sometime soon so I can test it properly. I got mine in gray and I’m seriously considering getting another one for everyday around town use, the jacket Looks great.

Any more experience with your M5? I've got an October Dall Sheep Hunt up in the Anchorage Area and really want to get this but having a hard time convincing myself at this point with my ever diminishing budget.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
This weekend camping in Whiskey Gulch I had some better weather to test the M5 stuff. It was glorious Alaska weather out.... Fog with 75ish yards of visibility, steady drizzle that steadily built into driving rain on day one followed by more fog and steady rain rain for day two. The jacket kept me dry for the whole time including about 4-5 hours of just standing around on day one drinking by the fIre. It worked really well while active and I look forward to taking it on my sheep hunt here in just 10 days.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I've run the Browning Speed stuff (terrible for up here), almost every make and model of PVC gear (commercial fished for 15 years) and I have a Patagonia gore-tex hard shell (not sure what model). The Patagonia is the only thing even comparable to the M5. The Patagonia is a much looser fitting jacket and has been my go to active coat for winter time (base layer and hoodie underneath worked with 50mph+ winds at -20F). Hopefully throughout this hunting season (it looks to be a wet one this year) and this winter it will be well tested and keep me dry.

Do you have any boots with a membrane that are good? I really want to find one.

I sweat too much, membranes in my boot have all sucked. I had high hopes for Outdry (an Italian membrane which uses different laminating techniques), but Columbia bought the rights to North America and their kit doesnt work for my body shape.

I understand that eVent gets dirty very easily, from sweat/oils, I've only used it as an ultralight back up jacket, but buddies I trust have all had good luck with it. It's a bit like 2ply Goretex for that.

These scarpa boots with Hdry have been amazing for me. Well into my second pair, and they are my favorite boot I've I ever had, and I've had a ridiculous number of boots lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk