SG Sky 5900 for deer/turkey?

md126

WKR
Hello all, Anyone using their Sky 5900 for eastern hunting, deer or turkey? If so let me know how you’re running it.
Thanks!

I’ve used my sky archer hunting turkeys and everything else. Never in the East but all over the mountains, and even duck hunting. I don’t know if you already have the pack but it is the best I’ve used of the higher quality bags. You can put a little in it or a whole lot. And I seem to take more turkey hunting than I take big game hunting. 4 collapsible decoys, pop up blind, ghillie suit, you name it, it fits. And I’m sure even in the East itd be nice to have the meat shelf to carry out your bird. Let me know if you have any more specific questions about it

Rodéo

WKR
I’ve used my sky archer hunting turkeys and everything else. Never in the East but all over the mountains, and even duck hunting. I don’t know if you already have the pack but it is the best I’ve used of the higher quality bags. You can put a little in it or a whole lot. And I seem to take more turkey hunting than I take big game hunting. 4 collapsible decoys, pop up blind, ghillie suit, you name it, it fits. And I’m sure even in the East itd be nice to have the meat shelf to carry out your bird. Let me know if you have any more specific questions about it
Ever tried fitting duck decoys in the 5900? Thinking about buying that bag to put on my xframe and I wonder how many I could get in there since you mentioned duck hunting... mallard size decoys mostly

Ever tried fitting duck decoys in the 5900? Thinking about buying that bag to put on my xframe and I wonder how many I could get in there since you mentioned duck hunting... mallard size decoys mostly
I just went downstairs and packed 15 mallards into it. Still have the brain left for a couple boxes of shells and a water bottle. I’m sure you could fit more clothes and things in the main bag around the awkward sized deeks too.

NoWiser

WKR
I use mine for both all the time. Usually run it without the lid unless I have kiddos with and need to bring their gear, too. I absolutely love the pack.

CLP

FNG
I've used mine back east for whitetail hunting several times and it works great. Those bags have the ability to compress a ton so it makes them very adaptable.

Rodéo

WKR
I just went downstairs and packed 15 mallards into it. Still have the brain left for a couple boxes of shells and a water bottle. I’m sure you could fit more clothes and things in the main bag around the awkward sized deeks too.
That will work... looking forward to getting one. Thanks!

OP
M

md126

WKR
Thanks fellas

Are any of you running it with a stand or climbing sticks strapped to the load shelf or pack itself? Any modifications recommended to use it for eastern hunting or use it as is?