SG Skyscraper arrives Friday

My new SG Skyscraper 2P is supposed to be here Friday! I’ll post some pics, and some other info once I get it. Might try to sleep in it in the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
You are going to love it! The Skyscraper is our favorite all season tent!
I'm pretty excited. Part of me still wants to try a Seek Outside which were my final two options and who know (don't tell my wife or I'll die) I might end up with in the future. But I also loved how Stone Glacier sells a mesh 'nest' that will turn it into a nice 3 season tent for $90.00! I can use it with either setup depending on if it is an early or a late season hunt. I'm pretty excited.

Its been stormy for Interior Fairbanks this week so we will see what happens but I may try to stay in it especially if it is colder and raining. Then I can give it a mild test. I don't need a ground cloth for the yard and I plan on just getting tyvek for my hunt anyway.

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
Haha, well I got excited... didn’t see that the tent and my hat were shipping separately. Hat arrived a day early.
Tent is preparing for shipment. DANG IT!

Help me understand this. It’s great that you’re happy. However, isn’t it a $600 tent? Made in China? 1shotgear is excited because they sell them. Just wondering if you looked at a hilleberg?

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
It’s lighter, got great reviews, company I’m impressed with so far, has a good reputation and is quickly gaining a very high following.

I looked at Kuiu, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier and Hilliberg.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Help me understand this. It’s great that you’re happy. However, isn’t it a $600 tent? Made in China? 1shotgear is excited because they sell them. Just wondering if you looked at a hilleberg?

Stone glacier is not made in China, these tents get high marks from everybody who uses them. I’ve got a hilleberg, I’d rather have the stone glacier tent since it’s lighter and roomier.

chuckles

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the stone glacier last year, used it a couple times. Very sturdy simple tent. Never got into any crazy weather but still enjoyed the tent. It has its place, but a floor less with stove is next on my buy list. Borrowed a buddies this spring for a back pack shed hunt. Being able to dry out gators and boots was top notch. And having a warm spot to get out of the tent was... amazing.
im sure I’ll end up with everything from a solo floor less to a wall tent to a camper 😂😂

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
I purchased the stone glacier last year, used it a couple times. Very sturdy simple tent. Never got into any crazy weather but still enjoyed the tent. It has its place, but a floor less with stove is next on my buy list. Borrowed a buddies this spring for a back pack shed hunt. Being able to dry out gators and boots was top notch. And having a warm spot to get out of the tent was... amazing.
im sure I’ll end up with everything from a solo floor less to a wall tent to a camper

im sure I’ll end up with everything from a solo floor less to a wall tent to a camper

I will probably end up with the Stone Glacier and a Seek Outside for myself and then I need a big tent for my family: me, the wife and our 5 kids. Or I am going to get a pop up camper for the family. Hahaha.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Stone glacier is not made in China, these tents get high marks from everybody who uses them. I’ve got a hilleberg, I’d rather have the stone glacier tent since it’s lighter and roomier.
I think it's a fair question where it's made. Wherever SlingFin makes their tents would be a good guess, since it's a rebadged SlingFin Croosbow 2, but with a $120 price increase. At least it's $120 more than the mesh version. 4 season version is out on both websites.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
their packs are made in the USA, I’d assume the tents are the same.
The packs are made in the States, the rest of their gear is imported. This is on SlingFin's page, from Martin Zemitis, the designer of the tents that SG sells.
2f0a64177e477bec9f284644e8511e5b.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The packs are made in the States, the rest of their gear is imported. This is on SlingFin's page, from Martin Zemitis, the designer of the tents that SG sells.
2f0a64177e477bec9f284644e8511e5b.jpg

is is a fact that SG just gets these from sling fin??? If so, then I stand corrected but I’d still rather have one over my hilleberg.

sneaky

"DADDY"
is is a fact that SG just gets these from sling fin??? If so, then I stand corrected but I’d still rather have one over my hilleberg.
I'm over tents that don't pitch as one unit. Messing with a separate fly when it's storming or raining is a deal breaker for me. If you read the tent home page for SG it talks about working with Martin Zemitis' company. All of the SG tents are also in the SlingFin catalog.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm over tents that don't pitch as one unit. Messing with a separate fly when it's storming or raining is a deal breaker for me. If you read the tent home page for SG it talks about working with Martin Zemitis' company. All of the SG tents are also in the SlingFin catalog.

well then I stand corrected. I’m 100% over hilleberg tents, if I was to describe them in 3 words it would be small, heavy, wet. I listened to a podcast with them they even said you should bring a sponge to deal with condensation and wrap your rain jacket around the lower part of your sleeping bag to keep moisture off the bag.....you’d think for a thousand dollars you wouldn’t have to deal with that. Everybody I know with the SG loves them, if I get another tent, that SG is THE short list for me.