SH Double Pin or Triple Stack?

I got the triple stack this year and absolutely love it. I have it on a Tommy Hogg. I’ve heard on a dovetail people don’t like it as much bc of the weight. I have used the bottom pin and shot it at TAC. It worked great and when comparing with a black gold pro I just couldn’t let the Spot Hogg go as it seemed more durable to me. That being said you could probably find a great deal on a double right now since the triple stack is out. I have always preferred a vertical post and I think mainly that is due to starting with a single pin. If you have always used horizontal it may be tougher to get used to at first not sure but just a thought.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of each, and I'm probably going to sell the triple stack and get another double.

It depends how you want to set it up though. My double pin I leave set at 25/40 yards (can shoot 50 aiming with the top of the bubble if I had to).

If I set the triple stack at 20/30/40, it would be just fine. But I don't need 3 pins to get out to 40 with my setup. With my first pin set on 25, I can aim dead on anywhere from 5 yards-25 yards (and I'm 2.5" low at 30). I can gap between 25 and 40 no issues.

So I set the pins at 25/40/50. This put the bottom pin really close to the bottom of the scope housing where the pin gets wider, and it makes it hard to see the target because this piece starts to cover it up:
1656014535193.png

So it really depends on how you want to set it up. I don't want or need 3 pins to get out to 40, and getting out to 50 puts the bottom pin in an undesirable location. So I can got to a 2 pin head and save a bit of weight.

If you want the ability to set your pin gaps, go with the triple stack. The double could possibly end up at oddball yardage like 20/37, or 20/42 or something like that which some people don't like.

N2TRKYS

WKR
What didn't you like about it?

Felt overly heavy for what it is, didn’t have a rheostat, and the pins weren’t as bright as I want. I was always a 3 pin guy before switching to a single pin. I thought it would be a good combo sight, but it wasn’t for me. In the end, a single pin was the best option and that’s what I’ll be sticking with from here on out.

OP
J

JStol5

WKR
I got the triple stack this year and absolutely love it. I have it on a Tommy Hogg. I’ve heard on a dovetail people don’t like it as much bc of the weight. I have used the bottom pin and shot it at TAC. It worked great and when comparing with a black gold pro I just couldn’t let the Spot Hogg go as it seemed more durable to me. That being said you could probably find a great deal on a double right now since the triple stack is out. I have always preferred a vertical post and I think mainly that is due to starting with a single pin. If you have always used horizontal it may be tougher to get used to at first not sure but just p
I’ve shot a single pin for 90% of my time doing archery so I feel like it would be an easy transition

Ambush

FNG
The last paragraph of tx_hunters post is spot on. The double pointer is not adjustable whereas the triple pointer is. No idea why, hopefully SH will change that.

FYI you can order the triple pointer and put on the double pin.

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
Upgraded to the triple stack this year. Hated the sight picture so got my Allen wrench and cutters out, I now have a single pin again.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the ts. I love it now.. when I first got it I tried to use it as a 3 pin sight.. after I started shooting it As a single pin with 2 oh shit pins then it worked great.. I set mine 30 40 and 50.. I shot 2 hogs last year from my deer stand . Knowing the set up I knew the 2nd hog made it to about 45 yards.. didn't have time to range him. I 12 ringed him with the second pin..