SH Double Pin or Triple Stack?

JStol5

WKR
Anyone have experience with a fast Eddie double pin versus a triple stack? Choosing between these two for my next sight. Leaning towards the double pin for simplicity and a less cluttered sight picture. I wonder how functional the bottom pin really is on a triple stack with not being able to see over/under it well. Would love to hear thoughts.

A.AYE.RON

FNG
I owned a fast Eddie double pin and loved it. Ended up wanting to try something new so went to a black gold and thought it was pretty cool but felt the pins coming from the side was obstructing my view. I especially noticed it in low light conditions. When the triple stack came out and I was able to get one I traded in and couldn’t be more happy with it. Best sight I have owned so far.

Zac

WKR
I've used the double pin, however if I was looking at that one I would buy the Black Gold Dual Trac. If you want 3 pins then the Tripple Stack would be fine.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I started using a Triple stack this year. For the past week or so I've really been working on shooting the 2nd and 3rd pin as I came from using just a single pin. I do like the open sight picture, however usually when I come on target I'm dropping my sight onto it, as a result when using the 3rd pin in particular I'm bringing the sight in from the top and side so that I can see the dot as I'm aiming. In all reality this shouldn't be an issue when aiming at an animal, however when shooting dots it's an additional step.

Also with the triple stack you will loose some distance due to the larger sight housing. I believe I can slid my top pin out to 80 then I start having clearance issues with the housing. I think that puts my bottom pin around the 95 yard mark, but I'm not positive without looking at it.

After not having a bright feature to grab my eye's attention when looking through the peep I have really come to appreciate and love the MRT rings offered by SH. I use the medium ring currently which is working well for me.

A.AYE.RON

FNG
Also with the triple stack you will loose some distance due to the larger sight housing. I believe I can slid my top pin out to 80 then I start having clearance issues with the housing. I think that puts my bottom pin around the 95 yard mark, but I'm not positive without looking at it.

With the 26 tape I think I’m getting 100 yards max without hitting the housing.

That’s with 5mm axis arrows with 100 g up top. With a 4mm shaft I’m sure I could get a bit more.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
With the 26 tape I think I’m getting 100 yards max without hitting the housing.

That’s with 5mm axis arrows with 100 g up top. With a 4mm shaft I’m sure I could get a bit more.

I believe I'm only shooting the 15 tape which obviously hurts. Arrow weight is around 520 gr. All depends on the bow and arrow weight your shooting.

A.AYE.RON

FNG
I believe I'm only shooting the 15 tape which obviously hurts. Arrow weight is around 520 gr. All depends on the bow and arrow weight your shooting.
True. I forgot to mention I’m shooting 70lbs.

V-TRAIN

WKR
You could always get a triple stack and if you wanted to only use 2 pins, run the bottom one as far down as it will go or just remove it. If you already have a spot hogg sight you could get the triple stack scope, or a trophy ridge v3/v5 or trophy ridge peak sight and use their scope on your spot hogg. I have been doing that for about 10 years. I think their patent must have run out, and then spot hogg and mbg started making inline adjustable sights.

I would not want the double pin, I tried it once, the bottom pin is not adjustable. For me it was about a 20 yard difference between the to pins, I just didn't like it that way.

V-TRAIN

WKR
The trophy ridge is a lot cheaper also, you can get the whole sight for like $80. Then just take the scope off and put it on your spot hogg. Only down side is they don't take lenses for their scopes, if you wanted one. However if later you wanted one, Brian's custom lenses can make it work. I have 3 with 2x lenses cause I am older and my eyesight is fading.

I bought a double pin based on the rave reviews it receives. It lives up to the hype, but wasn't the right site for me. Two decades of looking at pins coming from the side made it hard for me to adjust.

If you are on the fence, go for it. It's a great option. If you are a top pin ninja like me, go for it!

I switched back to a MBG because I can't aim off with the vertical pin. The black line covering the dot for me made it super tough to transition. But that's my issue and not an issue with the site. It's a great setup for whitetails for sure.

For me- the pins were 20 and 38 with one arrow setup and 20/35 with another. For most hunting scenarios that covers a pretty darn big range of opportunity.

I really like the triple stack. Never used a double pin but having triple indicators with all pins adjustable is amazing. You can set your gaps wherever you want and I find the bottom pin fine for shooting. I shot mine at TAC and enjoyed it. I tried a horizontal pin sight after and couldn’t get used to it. I prefer vertical whether single, double or triple.

Triple stack and replace the bottom two pins with the double pin. Three pins with two posts.