ShaneVG's 2012 WA Deer Season

shanevg

WKR
It's a long one but a fun one. Highlights of my 2012 hunting season starting with June/July scouting and ending with a 3 point blacktail in late October.

[video=youtube;ct5Ym2tCx10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct5Ym2tCx10[/video]

Craig4791

WKR
Cool video Shane! Thanks for sharing.

What kind of video camera are you using?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Great job Shane.

The quality of video was outstanding.

I am also interested in what gear you use, expecially digiscoping.

Oh yeah, nice music.

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I currently shoot most of my footage with my Panasonic HDC-SD80. I also have a small Flip Camera that is nearly always in my pocket for a quick shot here or there. I'm hoping to upgrade my DSLR from a Canon 30D to a 7D this year so I can get some better aperture based video footage. I'd also love to have a GoPro but not sure if I'll jump for the investment.

Matt - I don't have a true digiscoping set up at this time. The digiscoping footage you saw was just me holding my camera up to the Swaro spotting scope. I did get a PhoneSkope iPhone adapter for Christmas so I assume I'll be getting most of my video footage with that this year. We'll see how it turns out.

I have quite a few hunts planned this year including an AK Sitka Blacktail hunt and if I'm lucky ID moose and CO mountain goat. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more good hunts on video!

Pueblo

FNG
Loved this...you're obviously a dedicated hunter and outdoorsman. I've seen your work helping Bearhunter get his goat. The video editing was well done. Wish I had some of those high meadows down here in SW Washington.

7mag.

WKR
Thanks for sharing Shane. I enjoy all your video's and this was no exception. You take quality video and do a great job editing. I love watching guys work hard and get into the back country to hunt. Good job.