Shape Charge or 14r?

I read one thread comparing how the two compare as far as the weight they hold and the layout of them. My use would be daypack. Already have a Kifaru frame and pack for backpacking trips!

But my question is more so about the suspension differences. The 14r seems to be more of what I am looking for in a day pack but the Shape Charge looks nice too.

Does the shape charge have the omni frame sheet only for suspension? When the pack is full does it contour around the contents of the bag instead of staying shaped around your back?

Is it frowned upon to order a few packs from Kifaru and return what you dont want before use?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The 14er will have the better suspension for sure, the stays are 23" long and have load lifters. A dual density lumbar pad will ride a heavier load much more comfortably when used with the omni belt. You will also have more space without adding pouches over the SC.

The Shapecharge has a full 1/16" frame sheet (not Omni, we call it the Hourglass [same as in the Hooligan]) with stays that are 18.5" long. The contour of the stays keeps the HDPE frame sheet from contouring around the pack contents. It is Omni belt capable and there is space behind the back panel where you can "stow" the belt ends if you want. There are no load lifters on this bag but it has considerably better access to contents.

We are cool with you buying a couple and sending one back in new condition.

Let me know if you have any more questions

OP
M
The 14er will have the better suspension for sure, the stays are 23" long and have load lifters. A dual density lumbar pad will ride a heavier load much more comfortably when used with the omni belt. You will also have more space without adding pouches over the SC.

The Shapecharge has a full 1/16" frame sheet (not Omni, we call it the Hourglass [same as in the Hooligan]) with stays that are 18.5" long. The contour of the stays keeps the HDPE frame sheet from contouring around the pack contents. It is Omni belt capable and there is space behind the back panel where you can "stow" the belt ends if you want. There are no load lifters on this bag but it has considerably better access to contents.

We are cool with you buying a couple and sending one back in new condition.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Awesome! Thank you!

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
I read one thread comparing how the two compare as far as the weight they hold and the layout of them. My use would be daypack. Already have a Kifaru frame and pack for backpacking trips!

But my question is more so about the suspension differences. The 14r seems to be more of what I am looking for in a day pack but the Shape Charge looks nice too.

Does the shape charge have the omni frame sheet only for suspension? When the pack is full does it contour around the contents of the bag instead of staying shaped around your back?

Is it frowned upon to order a few packs from Kifaru and return what you dont want before use?
Which one did you end up picking