Sharing waypoints with OnX

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
My friend and I have been trying to share some waypoints with each other. We can text the link, but upon clicking the link it only opens OnX up. It doesn't show the shared waypoint. Is this user error on our part? Any suggestions? I'll be the first to admit I'm not the brightest when it comes to technology.

crich

WKR
Ive been having the same issues the past few days. Works on desktop if the link is emailed. Ive been meaning to call and see if its my phone settings or something.

Piranha37

FNG
I also have had this issue. I tried sending a ton of links to another hunter and none worked

OP
gledeasy

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like I'm not the only one. I'll try reaching out then.

We'll share the link through text. Clicking the link brings OnX up but does not take you to the location.

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm not the only one. I'll try reaching out then.

We'll share the link through text. Clicking the link brings OnX up but does not take you to the location.

I have the same issue. I have a group that we’re going on a hunt in October and have been sending links back and forth but I can’t get them to work. Interested to hear what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens when you are sharing an account across multiple people. OnX will not allow you to send a waypoint to "yourself", so it errors out upon opening.

If you all have individual accounts, it may be a different bug, but that was my experience.

This happens when you are sharing an account across multiple people. OnX will not allow you to send a waypoint to "yourself", so it errors out upon opening.

If you all have individual accounts, it may be a different bug, but that was my experience.

We all have independent accounts. So not sure what the issue is exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
gledeasy

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
As an update. Finally connected with OnX and got things working.

This is what I did, maybe it will help some of you. I have an android phone. I went into my app settings (on my phone) and essentially reset my permissions. After doing so my link from my friend worked.

Yup I know I had the issue it would only let me add the way point if I opened it while using WIFI. Changed permissions for OnX to use data for downloads and updates and haven't had an issue since.