Sharpener for single bevels

Looking for a quality sharpener for single bevel 25 degree. Recommendations other than the kme $200 system? Looking to spend $50 or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider

This is what I use for my hunting knifes and broadheads. I don’t shoot single bevels but my buddy does and he used this same sharpener.

Marble

WKR
It can depend on the broadhead too. So might mention which one.

I shot the kudu and use a rat tail file in the field. At home I use my spyder co stones to sharpen.

This is what I use for my hunting knifes and broadheads. I don’t shoot single bevels but my buddy does and he used this same sharpener.
This is what I use also!! Works great!!!

Marble

WKR
I was considering getting one of the leather straps to put a finished edge of the broadhead. They dont cost much at all.

Anyone use one?

87TT

WKR
I use the Kudupoint sharpener on my Kudupoint broadheads or a round diamond stone.

These work so well that Benchmade Knives has it in their accessory lineup. I have one and it works extremely well. Just a small learning curve and your blades will be sushi-sharp.

dkime

WKR
Cloth wheel on a bench grinder, I use nothing else anymore. Unless its chipped up but the heads I shoot don't typically do that.

Chazz

FNG
I use a small diamond coated file by smith. Works really well. Clay Hays has a good video on how to sharpen a single bevel.

Will sharpen just about anything else too... It's more than your $50 budget, but only a little if you watch ebay for a slightly used or open box new unit.

I got a cheapo wet stone with leather strop on Amazon, it took a little bit but once you nock the burr off and hit it on leather I’ve never seen heads so sharp, single bevels are nice to work on with the large flat surface

OP
B
Anyone try the grizzstick sharpener for single bevels at 25 degree angle? If so have u been able to get it shaving hair sharp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Buy a couple if the DMT Diamond files

Coarse/Fine
Extra Fine/XX Fine

Find an old arrow you can screw the broadhead into. Follow the bevel with the file to the tip of the broadhead. Paint the edge with a sharpie if need be so that youre matching the bevel.

When you're done, file the burr off off the back edge the single bevel.

Enough practice and that's all you'll need for scary broadheads. It's all about the form.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use the KME broadhead sharpener. I just run the heads on sandpaper working up through the grits and then finish by stropping. Gets cutthroats very sharp.