Sharpening Blades And Plates On Meat Grinder

packer58

WKR
Has anyone had any success sharpening the knives and plates on your meat grinder ?? Iv'e tried the 2000 grit and pane of glass method with not real good results. Is there a better way short of sending them off to get sharpened.

Thanks

Chad E

WKR
I bought the sharpening plates from the sausage maker this spring and they really seemed to work well for me. To be honest I previously had just bought a new blade when mine got dull but with 3 or 4 blades laying around I figured it was time to figure out the sharpening process. Im happy with the results and im sure everyone knows it but I can't stress enough the difference between sharp and dull blades in grinding efficiency.

Superdoo

WKR
Maybe ask your local butchers if they would sharpen them? They also might know someone who’d do it for you.

Once I bought myself a knife sharpener and I always use it, and sometimes I also need to send knives to professionals if I cannot sharpen them myself. The main thing is to sharpen them regularly, a couple of times a month.

Question once the blade is sharpend does it have too be seated too the plate so too speak, I have always just bought new knives and plates as a set. Never tried too sharpen them.