Sharpening German Kinetics (curved broadheads)

RC_

FNG
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any tips for me on sharpening the GK SilverFlames? I was given a few heads by a friend and after practicing and tuning with a couple of them, I'm struggling to get them sharpened back up. I don't have much experience with premium heads, but when new these might have been the sharpest factory blade that I've ever handled and I'd like to at least try to replicate that.

I have a spyderco sharpmaker that I use for knives, but it's never worked well on broadheads for me and I have a few benchstones that I also occasionally use but not sure about freehand sharpening one of these heads. I could probably borrow a KME knife sharpener from a hunting buddy, but he wasn't sure if the grits would go high enough for getting these shaving sharp.

I'd appreciate any advice, I really like the GK and don't want to eff up a $30 head if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance.

Jbehredt

WKR
I cut about 5” off of an arrow and glued in a screwdriver handle to hold broadheads for sharpening on my sharpmaker. Never had an issue with my GKs. They’re not a super steel. A soft touch will do it.