Sheep Antics

Snyd

WKR
What kind of sheep antics have you observed that made you chuckle or just say…whoaaa… Since I live in Alaska I hunt and love to watch Dall Sheep, for you it may be one of the others. This was a funny one. A video would have been cool.

I had the spotter on some sheep a mile or two away and ended up watching a couple little banana rams playing with each other like they do. Then one of them went over and poked his nose on a caribou shed that was laying there. It was laying such that it was curved upward with both ends sticking up and it moved a little. Then he kind of gingerly poked it with his foot and it moved some more, like a teeter-totter. Next thing I know his boink-boinkin the antler, jumping back, boinkin it again and again as it's doing it's teeter-totter thing. The other one jumped back out of the way. It was pretty funny. It reminded me of a puppy playing. I've seen sheep interacting with each other lots cuz thats what they do but this was the first time I saw one interacting/playing with an object. Pretty funny.

magpie

Banned
We saw and took pictures of sheep going into some caves to lick minerals. Pretty cool to see.

OP
Snyd

Snyd

WKR
Ya, cave dwellers are cool. i've seen lots of em goin in and out of caves. Rams and ewes both.

We were up in the rocks at the head of a bowl once watchin a line of ewes and lambs walk by several hundred yards below us. All were calm and all was well, then a lamb looked up, something didn't jive with him and man he bolted like a shot up underneath mama who just about jumped out of her skin, looked around frantically then froze. It was pretty cute. The little guys sure learn quick.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Watching this guy wag his tail as he rubbed his head on the pine gave me chuckle.

[video=youtube;3LF-ijI9-0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LF-ijI9-0E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I should be getting him from the taxidermist soon. I was able to observe him a few times before I dropped him on the ground.

Another thing that I enjoyed was watching the lambs interact with him, he was like a older brother to them.

OP
Snyd

Snyd

WKR
Fantastic video GrantMan! Man they sure like fightin those trees huh?! thanks for sharing