"Sheep are for Young Men" when hunting is more than just hunting

Fantastic story/write up! Congratulations! Hopefully I'll see you guys at a WSSBC Banquet and be able to talk about it in person one day.

TC406

FNG
Fantastic. Excellent job with the photographs as well. You have a great son, and he has an excptional father. Nice work.

Cbrick

FNG
This is awesome man! My oldest is getting the itch to go with dad. Already shoots a longbow fairly well. Start em young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awesome read of an incredible hunt. Your work with the camera was greatly appreciated. Really great pics to be shared for many years to come. CONGRATS to both of you. I would give everything I own for just one more hunt with my Dad. Life don't get no better than this.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man oh man there’s nothing better than watching your kid take their first sheep! Congrats to you both and way to go putting that kind of effort in for your son.

Stid2677

WKR
Time spent in the mountains chasing sheep is special,, sharing it as father and son even more so. Excellent story and documentation, well done, well done indeed.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, what an epic adventure. As others have said, literally one of the best hunting accounts i have ever read.
And those photos........................are PRICELESS.

Awesome.

Randy

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome stuff here! Not many dads out there that give their sons an experience like this one. I’ll make sure to do things like this when I have one of my own one day.

A famous sheep hunter once said, “Sheep are for young men…”

So naturally, I took my 12 yr old son to the remote northern mountains of British Columbia to hunt one of North America’s most sought after game animals, the Stone Sheep.

Josh is precise, cautious, and has tremendous respect for authority. He never dives right into something without thinking it through. In many ways, he’s the polar opposite of who I am. At times, this has made me pull out my hair in frustration, but as he is maturing I have grown to realize that he is becoming his own man with many endearing qualities that I lack. Our time together on this hunt further added to the overwhelming pride that I have to call this young man my son.

Hunters know that a sheep hunt never begins when you step out your front door, drive the long hours north, or board a plane. Instead, it commences months in advance with the scouting of huntable areas, numerous gear and food preparations, and the hours of hiking with a weighted pack. A particular event that contributed to the preparations of this hunt took place a month before we departed.
AWESOME