Sheep draws

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Ed, as you are more glued to the Colorado draw than me, I'm sending you a PM with my cell phone number for you to give me a text when the Colorado backdoor opens. Thanks, Todd.

Edelweiss

FNG
Can I still apply in any states for sheep and mountain goat for points or for a permit? I will be moving back to the states in November when I retire and my passion is to hunt mountain goat. I would like to relocate to Alaska and hunt each and every year.

Colorado results any day now... it started on the 25th last year... Ed F

Last year the back door for Colorado was open on April 25, and I believe the official posting date was May 2. This year the official posting date for sheep and goat is May 9, so likely the back door will not be open until late next week. Just my thoughts from my notes from last year. It might save us from going crazy for another week...lol

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I was kind of thinking the same thing on the dates too. I know I only put in for an ewe tag but I'm still getting excited to see if I drew. Just want to hunt!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Can I still apply in any states for sheep and mountain goat for points or for a permit? I will be moving back to the states in November when I retire and my passion is to hunt mountain goat. I would like to relocate to Alaska and hunt each and every year.

You don't wanna do that, you'll be so preoccupied hunting sheep, moose, mountain goats, black bear, grizzly, sitka deer, and even elk or musk ox every year you won't have any time to go hunt in the states anymore. :D

shaun

WKR
You don't wanna do that, you'll be so preoccupied hunting sheep, moose, mountain goats, black bear, grizzly, sitka deer, and even elk or musk ox every year you won't have any time to go hunt in the states anymore. :D

You make Alaska sound like my kind of place! Makes it even easier when a lot of my family lives in Keni

Ray

WKR
Don't listen to Luke. He makes it sound and look easier than it is. ;)

This coming from a guy that finds caribou hunting about as simple as Midwest whitetail meat hunting.

Edelweiss

FNG

I'm a resident of Alaska. Barrow is my voting precinct. Maybe in the next few months I can find a job in Alaska.

Deadlines:
Arizona 6/?
California 6/2
Montana 5/1
Oregon 5/15
Washington 5/22

Oregon doesn't have a PP system for sheep. Washington and California have pretty tough odds as well as high application costs. You can also purchase a PP for Wyoming online from July - September. Good luck.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
I see that Wyoming has made it appearance on the sheep draw scene. Another point.:( On to the next state.

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting partner drew same sheep tag I had last year in Idaho, looks like were in for another punishing hunt!!!:confused::confused: