Sheep feet arches

Bmarcks31

FNG
Just received my sheep feet and while the forefoot cushion feels great, it seems like the arch support is lacking. Maybe I’m too used to my superfeet greens which have high arches but it does seem like the SFs are rather flat for my feet. My wife (who has custom orthotics from a podiatrist for running) agreed. Anyone else notice this? I did feel like I pushed my foot far enough into the impression kit.

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely understand what you are saying and I thought the same thing. They are intended to support your natural arch I believe as opposed to modify it. The superfet are probably pushing your natural arch up. Your wife probably has higher arches. Give them a call and see what they say! Great guys…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bmarcks31

Bmarcks31

FNG
Yeah will give them a call after the holiday, and I still have to test them out carrying weight. I figured that my wife would have different arches than me but she does say that her orthotics fit her feet like a glove while my SFs seem to have just a little less support/fit around my arch.

I bought SF about 6 months ago. Took 2 or 3 training hikes to get used to them. Now, no looking back. I pulled Superfeet out of my other boots and rotate the SF into whatever I’m wearing. Expensive but worth it.

Sled

WKR
I had the opposite problem. The arches were incorrect and put a strange bump into arch or it was in the wrong spot. They tried to fix it but it didn't work. After a year or so I gave up and went back to my custom orthotics and the generic tread labs.

OP
Bmarcks31

Bmarcks31

FNG
I’m still liking my sheep feet a year later but only thing I have noticed is that I think I didn’t press my heel down perfectly evenly when doing the mold so might right heel cup (for lack of a better term) is shallower than my left.
I suppose I could call SF to try to redo my right but I’ve kind of gotten used to it and it hasn’t resulted in any apparent issues

I bought SF about 6 months ago. Took 2 or 3 training hikes to get used to them. Now, no looking back. I pulled Superfeet out of my other boots and rotate the SF into whatever I’m wearing. Expensive but worth it.
Doubling down on my comments. Just back from AK Dall Sheep hunt. Everything hurt… except my feet. Great piece of gear!

I learned this the hard way. I had been wearing my SHEEPFEET daily training. My arches hurt like hell so I went to see my podiatrist with my insoles in hand. They are not supporting my arches ( I have flattish feet as well). He said it’s a common issue with these types of foam impression kits. Since I did as they instructed and no one secured my big toe naturally my foot was flexing and the arch left no impression and thus zero support. I’m left with junk, Emailed SHEEPFEET and got no response- beware the impression is everything and you have one shot at getting it right with shoddy instructions.

Sled

WKR
I learned this the hard way. I had been wearing my SHEEPFEET daily training. My arches hurt like hell so I went to see my podiatrist with my insoles in hand. They are not supporting my arches ( I have flattish feet as well). He said it’s a common issue with these types of foam impression kits. Since I did as they instructed and no one secured my big toe naturally my foot was flexing and the arch left no impression and thus zero support. I’m left with junk, Emailed SHEEPFEET and got no response- beware the impression is everything and you have one shot at getting it right with shoddy instructions.
Mine were done by the staff themselves here in Utah. The results were lack luster as well. Keep calling and eventually someone will answer the phone and they will send you a new kit estimate the issue and send new footbeds. The problem is estimating is a bad guess are what went wrong the first time. That how I ended up with multiple pairs of footbeds from them that I can't use.

ahenry82

FNG
My sheep feet are definitely flatter in my arches than my custom orthotics and I have high arches but they work good just wish they had alil more arch support

What's the turnaround time on these puppies? I was waiting for another 20% off sale and it never happened so now may not have enough time before rifle seasons.