Sheep Feet Double Cushion

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I just got some Crispi Lapponias, and after trying them on felt like the toe box was very roomy.

I have some Sheep Feet coming in the mail, and I opted for the double cushion.... I guess my question is: How much room do the Sheep Feet take up in the toe box? Do you think there will be a noticeable difference in the boots once the Sheep Feet are put in?

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I find the Green Superfeet to be superior in my Crispis.
I assume your response means that you liked the Green Superfeet better than Sheep Feet insoles. Did you have the single or double cushion Sheet Feet and how did they and the Superfeet compare to thickness of the stock Crispi insole?

rm06

WKR
I just got some Crispi Lapponias, and after trying them on felt like the toe box was very roomy.

I have some Sheep Feet coming in the mail, and I opted for the double cushion.... I guess my question is: How much room do the Sheep Feet take up in the toe box? Do you think there will be a noticeable difference in the boots once the Sheep Feet are put in?

I can't answer your questions but I'd be interested in hearing a review once you receive them

The Green Superfeet just fit perfectly for me (and I have EEE wide dawgs) without crowding the toebox...the Sheepfeet just felt weird somehow but I'm not sure I explain it. I was always aware of them, not so with the Superfeet which BTW, cost 1/5th the price. But I tried custom soles before from other sources and had issues with all of them after 10 miles.

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I can't answer your questions but I'd be interested in hearing a review once you receive them
Got the Sheep Feet trimmed and "installed" last night.
Although they didn't seem to fill up the toe box much more, they did lift my heel and arch up into the tongue more. That with the addition of a surgeons knot at the ankle area and really cranking the lower section of the laces, added a lot more security to the toe box. Almost no lateral movement in the toe box now.
I'm sure once I break the boots and the insoles in more they with hug the foot even more.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Got the Sheep Feet trimmed and "installed" last night.
Although they didn't seem to fill up the toe box much more, they did lift my heel and arch up into the tongue more. That with the addition of a surgeons knot at the ankle area and really cranking the lower section of the laces, added a lot more security to the toe box. Almost no lateral movement in the toe box now.
I'm sure once I break the boots and the insoles in more they with hug the foot even more.

Thanks for this info. I am on the fence on single or double cushion. My Guide boots are roomy enough in the toe box/forefoot that I have some excess space but my concern is that the double cushion would scrunch up the space too much. It doesn't seem like that is too much of a concern. How does the Sheep Feet double cushion compare to the thickness of the stock Crispi insole if you directly compare them?

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
The stock crispi insole was thicker, but would compress down to thinner. The sheep feet have a very solid feel and don’t compress down much
Honestly I don’t see a reason to not get the double cushion personally, it’s not as thick as I was anticipating

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
The stock crispi insole was thicker, but would compress down to thinner. The sheep feet have a very solid feel and don’t compress down much
Honestly I don’t see a reason to not get the double cushion personally, it’s not as thick as I was anticipating
I feel the opposite as you. I wish I would have gone single instead. My feet feel smashed in my schnee timberline.. for about 10 min then I adjust and don't notice as much.
Use them in my work boots too, eats up fair bit of toe room depending on boot style. Similar to the hiking boots, you get busy and stop noticing that. So, I guess as I pondered this typing it out, it'd be interesting to try them side by side to see, how much of a difference there is.

One thing I recommend too is if wearing them frequently or after every wear pull them out and let'm get some air, they pick up a mildew funk fast as that foam is pretty absorbent.

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I feel the opposite as you. I wish I would have gone single instead. My feet feel smashed in my schnee timberline.. for about 10 min then I adjust and don't notice as much.
Use them in my work boots too, eats up fair bit of toe room depending on boot style. Similar to the hiking boots, you get busy and stop noticing that. So, I guess as I pondered this typing it out, it'd be interesting to try them side by side to see, how much of a difference there is.

One thing I recommend too is if wearing them frequently or after every wear pull them out and let'm get some air, they pick up a mildew funk fast as that foam is pretty absorbent.
Interesting.
I have narrower feet and the toe box in the Crispi Lapponias are notoriously wider than other Crispis, so maybe my experience isn't the fairest example. But still.