Sheep feet insoles

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any of you put these in your gym shoes or casual tennis shoes?

I've had them in my boots, trail runners, casual shoes and my slip on "hey dude" shoes. so far they've been good. only issue so far is the interior shape of shoes is often different, so the insoles might not always fit 100%. otherwise, they've been comfortable. - Matt

lechwe

FNG
Any advantage to ordering through GoHunt rather than just going straight to eh SheepFeet website? Gonna give Caleb a call tomorrow and see what I need to fix my sore feet. Pissed I didn't figure out there was a solution sooner.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered mine, this would be the third time I used my HSA to cover some hunting-related expenses. First was LASIK, second was my Adventure Medical Kit, now these orthotics look promising. I looked into custom ear protection but don't think that's covered.

cronsman

WKR
definitely interested in grabbing a pair of these at some point...once my wallet allows me

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Received mine a few days a go, was s bit skeptical on them as I have been wearing custom orthotics for years (but they are made out of that hard foam) tossed them in my work boots for a few days to see how they would work out. Wow is all I am going to say, from a long time plantar fasciitis suffer(10 years of custom orthotics, massages, stretching, and the next step was going to be surgery), waking up in the mornings is an entirely new feeling lately. I've yet to do a serious hike on them, but so far I am really liking it them. Took me a day to adjust my feet to them, they were a bit tender, but now they feel great. ,

I'll be purchasing a combo set I think here shortly, although, I would prefer to get the full lengths instead of an additional full length/half length, not sure if that is an option, I'll have to check if they can do that, think they said they could when I initially contacted them.

Squirrels

WKR
Received mine a few days a go, was s bit skeptical on them as I have been wearing custom orthotics for years (but they are made out of that hard foam) tossed them in my work boots for a few days to see how they would work out. Wow is all I am going to say, from a long time plantar fasciitis suffer(10 years of custom orthotics, massages, stretching, and the next step was going to be surgery), waking up in the mornings is an entirely new feeling lately. I've yet to do a serious hike on them, but so far I am really liking it them. Took me a day to adjust my feet to them, they were a bit tender, but now they feel great. ,

I'll be purchasing a combo set I think here shortly, although, I would prefer to get the full lengths instead of an additional full length/half length, not sure if that is an option, I'll have to check if they can do that, think they said they could when I initially contacted them.
I started with a half length set so I could move them from shoe to shoe. Ordered a full length soon after. I still like having the half set to move them between different boots/shoes that aren't my everday boots.

On a somewhat unrelated topic but slightly off base. I put my boots/shoes that I've worn each day on my boot dryer every single night. Long time duck hunter and when I got my first boot dryer and started to dry my waders after every hunt I realized how much moisture they had been holding at the end of a hunt. Never thought much about it till I got the dryer and put my waders on them after a hunt, the next morning I put them on I was like wow. Started doing it with whatever shoes I wore each day and noticed the same difference. I highly suggest it. I've had the same boot dryer for probably 20 years. Only time it has ever been unplugged is when we moved a few months back.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Yup agree on the boot drying 100%. I own a few Peet boot dryers. This is also the exact reason why I'm buying additional insoles. You ruin shoes/boots by not allowing them to dry out properly and I am not a fan of l swapping from shoe to shoe if the insole isn't dry.

Never been a fan of the half insoles with any of my previous orthotics. I always threw them out as they never stayed put or they were made out of a hard material and caused a lot of discomfort. So much for professionaly fitted insoles that cost me thousands over the years.

Sheep's feet are by far the best I've used to date and I've only been wearing them for 5days now. But have been a wearer of custom orthotics for almost 10yrs.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I'd say yes, give them a call and they can fill you in on what you need.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
They have a 15% discount right now, DAD15 is the code. I just ordered my first pair of them.

Stalker69

WKR
I don’t know of any alternatives that work, I have tried a bunch. And I am out things to try, I just hope this is not an expensive failure. I am out way more then these ( with all the ones I’ve tried) over all if they work.

Firehawk

WKR
Heel stabilizer or no?
My first pair of Sheep feet has the heel stabilizer and double layer foam. They are terrific. I then ordered a lighter pair for my every day wearing in shoes etc. I found that my "sulpination" issue was still there. I talked to Sheep Feet about it and they recommended I add the heel stabilizer to these as well. I sent them back in and they fitted them with the heel stabilizers and sent them back to me. Fixed it and now they are terrific as well.

Big fan of Sheep Feet here and love that I can use my FSA to help pay for them.

FH

Hunters think nothing of spending $1000's of dollars on all kinds of gear and scoff at the cost of custom orthotics. Here's the thing you walk on your feet EVERY DAY.!Who here uses all of their other hunting gear very day? They are worth every penny. I got customs 16 years ago and had I known the positive difference they would make I would have gotten them much sooner. Pricey yes, worth every penny absolutely!
You are right, and that goes for lots of stuff… optics are another funny one… people buy a new bow or 3 every year, which has no benefits besides the new toys effect, then scoff at spending some money on good glass that will have benefits, will last a long time, and have excellent resale (almost annoyingly so if you are shopping used)

I have been considering custom orthotics, but I just don’t know if I’m a good candidate for them… I have no foot or ankle issues, and my only hope would be to change the fit profile of boots I like but aren’t really comfortable, like my zamberlan boots… awesome boots, but the arch is too high for me… if custom orthotics gave me the right fit in the boots of my choice, I would have no qualms about spending the money, I just don’t know if it works like that

lodge307

FNG
Anyone have a current discount code? I am going to take the leap and order a set in the next few days.

When sheepfeet sends out your insoles do they send you tracking info?
I ordered my impression kit a little over 4 weeks ago, sent it right back out after doing the impression.
I’m hoping they show up soon so I can get used to them before archery elk.

Maldavis

FNG
When sheepfeet sends out your insoles do they send you tracking info?
I ordered my impression kit a little over 4 weeks ago, sent it right back out after doing the impression.
I’m hoping they show up soon so I can get used to them before archery elk.

I sent my impressions back 7/9
Just got email with tracking info will be here 8/9.
I did send them an email to see status last week. They responded almost immediately..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk