Sheep feet insoles

njdoxie

WKR
Anyone got the discount code for these? And durn, my card got declined too.

Last edited:

keller

WKR
Mine should be here any day can't wait but still nervous hope they work .

Birddog1

FNG
I sent a message earlier today, I’m sure I’ll hear from the tomorrow to get it squared away

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very interested in hearing everyone's reviews and opinions

Birddog1

FNG
I had to call my HSA provider and was told that I would have to pay out of pocket and request reimbursement since a doctor did not prescribe these. Guess I won’t be buying them after all.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
My FSA debit card went through no questions asked.
Got out to wear these for the second time on another shorter hike. I prob had them on for 2-3 hours total. They continue to feel great on my feet. Where I had hot spots in my Crispi's with stock insole before there does not seem to be an issue. Feet/body are still adjusting to the new supports though and by the end of time there was a small amount of muscle fatigue. As my body relearns proper alignment I anticipate that fatigue to go away.

Mine came in yesterday, and I did a solid few miles today at varying inclines and terrains. So far, very impressed. I opted for the double cushion, as well as heel stabilizer, as I struggle with quite a bit of pain stemming from flat feet that tend to overpronate (roll inwards). Out of the box they definitely were more solidly built than off the shelf brands, where my foot generally bends the plastic in the arch immediately, there was no reduction in structure. As with any orthotic, they took some getting used to, but about a mile in and they felt great. For the price, I’m already very happy. I’ve gone through too many off the shelf orthotics for this to be “expensive”, so it seems like a great value to me. I’ll include updates as I put more miles on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I’d do a follow up on the Sheepfeet orthotics. Put them in my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes, and immediately put 8 ish miles at about 9k feet with varying terrain, as well as 10+ on treadmills and roads. Having flat feet and dealing with the associated over-pronation, I have always been a little bit skeptical of what might or might not work for me. These definitely seem to put enough support in the right places, which I haven’t been able to find in some other OTC orthotics. I chose to add the double cushioning and heel cup, and am glad I did, as it ensured the treadmill and road miles I put on these boots are a little easier on the joints. Notable to me is the rigidity of the plastic used, which is much stiffer and less prone to flattening out that other plastics and cork found in other brands. As for blisters, I didn’t seem to find any issue with them in the heel or other commonly sensitive areas, especially as the stock insoles in Kenetrek’s tend to be a bit higher than many others. I did get a pair of rough blisters on the inside of both feet, slightly in front of and below my ankles, which I see as a positive as I actually need much more support in that region to help with the overpronation. While these were shaped to fit the lines of the stock insoles, I found that they slipped into other shoes and boots nicely, which definitely helped justify the cost. I did notice some comments about the cost, but I expect these to last as long as several pairs of OTC orthotics combined, and are much more comfortable.

I’m thinking about trying a pair of these as well. Not sure if I have any issue with arches or not but I definitely have issues with how I walk. The outside rear corner of my boots/shoes wear extremely fast. I also walk duck footed, I guess you call it, the fronts of my feet point almost at 45 deg angles outwards.

My right knee is pretty messed up, it will actually pop out of place kind of if I’m down on my knees. My other knee is getting pretty bad as well but still tolerable.

I was wondering if these would help me at all, I’m assuming they will and they can’t hurt either way? I was thinking about calling and seeing what they had to say. The other issue is I plan on being in CO mid September to the end for archery season, Lord willing. I’m worried if I got them now my body likely wouldn’t have time to adjust to them. Of course I can use them after but would like them for this year. Anyone that has experience with these think I am too late to use them for this season if I ordered them now. If I am then I will just wait till after elk season.

I’m thinking about trying a pair of these as well. Not sure if I have any issue with arches or not but I definitely have issues with how I walk. The outside rear corner of my boots/shoes wear extremely fast. I also walk duck footed, I guess you call it, the fronts of my feet point almost at 45 deg angles outwards.

My right knee is pretty messed up, it will actually pop out of place kind of if I’m down on my knees. My other knee is getting pretty bad as well but still tolerable.

I was wondering if these would help me at all, I’m assuming they will and they can’t hurt either way? I was thinking about calling and seeing what they had to say. The other issue is I plan on being in CO mid September to the end for archery season, Lord willing. I’m worried if I got them now my body likely wouldn’t have time to adjust to them. Of course I can use them after but would like them for this year. Anyone that has experience with these think I am too late to use them for this season if I ordered them now. If I am then I will just wait till after elk season.

Personally, I don’t think you’re too late to get them. I just got a pair and put a ton of miles on fast. Feet are pretty solid in that they can adjust very fast IMO, I have used a lot of different orthotics and never felt that it took more than a few days to work into them. That said Sheepfeet have made my feet feel much better than other options even on the first day. Two months is more than enough, even with new boots as well.

Squirrels

WKR
I just got the 3/4 length set I ordered in. I put them in my work boots and wore them all day with no issue. My feet and legs were not tired, sore, or hurting when I finished up my day last night. @briscoetab I think you have plenty of time. I think I am about to order a full length set now to live in my work boots. I wanted to start with a 3/4 length pair so I could move them from shoes to shoes easily.

keller

WKR
Good to hear all the positive feedback .They received my forms 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to get them and put some miles on.

@MaxHenderson @Squirrels thanks for the opinions, think I’ll go ahead and get full size pair then. Just got to decide for what pair. Good to hear the full size work with multiple boots it seems like even when getting them for specific boot.

I got 4 different pairs that I’m not sure which will be my primary boot this year. Just got a pair of salewas and la sportivas to try a couple months ago and just now have gotten some miles on them and then I have had a pair of Lowas and Solomons for a couple years. Think I’m going with the salewas and that’s probably the pair I will get the insoles first for.

@MaxHenderson @Squirrels thanks for the opinions, think I’ll go ahead and get full size pair then. Just got to decide for what pair. Good to hear the full size work with multiple boots it seems like even when getting them for specific boot.

I got 4 different pairs that I’m not sure which will be my primary boot this year. Just got a pair of salewas and la sportivas to try a couple months ago and just now have gotten some miles on them and then I have had a pair of Lowas and Solomons for a couple years. Think I’m going with the salewas and that’s probably the pair I will get the insoles first for.

No problem, I know it’s not the perfect fit in between the boots as it’s molded to one boot, but it seems to work very well. What pair of Salewas do you have?

What's HSA? I work for BNSF railway so I'm sure I've got this.

So I've had a pair of Scarpa Grand Drus for the last two years. Love em. But lately I've noticed a lot of pain on the balls of my feet and bottoms of my toes. The boots are still in amazingly great shape! Maybe Sheepfeet would fix this? Right now I've got a thick SOLE and theres really no padding to these.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What's HSA? I work for BNSF railway so I'm sure I've got this.

So I've had a pair of Scarpa Grand Drus for the last two years. Love em. But lately I've noticed a lot of pain on the balls of my feet and bottoms of my toes. The boots are still in amazingly great shape! Maybe Sheepfeet would fix this? Right now I've got a thick SOLE and theres really no padding to these.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From what I understand it is a pre-tax contribution to a savings account for health related things. Sheepfeets padding is very good, I got the double thickness, and am very happy. I also use thicker socks no matter the season to help with that as well.

Birddog1

FNG
HSA is a Health Savings Account. FSA is a Flexible Spending account. You contribute to both But the HSA rolls over while the FSA typically runs out at the end of the year. In my case I use it because my employer health insurance has a high deductible.

njdoxie

WKR
I had to call my HSA provider and was told that I would have to pay out of pocket and request reimbursement since a doctor did not prescribe these. Guess I won’t be buying them after all.
I went to my doctor and and got him to write a prescription for custom orthotics, I think it said I had flat feet and need them. Then I bought them with my own money and uploaded the receipt and prescription to my HSA and was reimbursed today....so a little bit of trouble, but HSA paid for it. Mailed off my foot impressions today.