Sheep feet insoles

No problem, I know it’s not the perfect fit in between the boots as it’s molded to one boot, but it seems to work very well. What pair of Salewas do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rapace, I needed something stiffer than what I had and these are pretty good balance of being stiff but having a little flex it seems like (only have probably around 10 miles on them) The lowas I have I bought for shooting comps and Texas, they are the Z8S I think, they are one of the task force tactical line and while lite and comfortable, they are very soft and flex.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I also just put in my order today and hope i have them in time for scouting this year...will fully report back once i have put them to the test.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Are the second pair discounted or do they charge full price?
Not if you buy them separately. I think on their site they have a full size and half size package that can be ordered together for a discounted price. I didnt do that originally because I wasnt sure how they would be, so I ordered 1 full size first fit to my Crispis and then reordered a half for all my daily work shoes.
Wore mine for another 2 miles last night and they seemed to take up all the space and give me more support where I was getting hot spots in with the standard insole on the Crispi.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Not if you buy them separately. I think on their site they have a full size and half size package that can be ordered together for a discounted price. I didnt do that originally because I wasnt sure how they would be, so I ordered 1 full size first fit to my Crispis and then reordered a half for all my daily work shoes.
Wore mine for another 2 miles last night and they seemed to take up all the space and give me more support where I was getting hot spots in with the standard insole on the Crispi.
Have you seen any hotspots where there were none prior? Seems like that could be an issue while your feet get accustomed to the new soles.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
There have not been "hot spots" but Initially the support in areas where you dont typically get any felt odd and slightly uncomfortable. That lasted only a few hundred feet though before my feet seemed to adjust to the proper form.

Squirrels

WKR
I ordered up a second pair, in full length this time. I will say that I have talked to Caleb a couple times through the whole process. Dude cares about what he is doing, that is evident to me.

Have you seen any hotspots where there were none prior? Seems like that could be an issue while your feet get accustomed to the new soles.

I did have blisters from spots where I had support from previously unsupported areas on my foot. However, I wouldn’t expect many people to deal with this, as my feet are worse than most others. Those “hotspots” were definitely not unbearable either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
Received my insoles yesterday. First off I notice how much softer they feel than my superfeet insoles. Fit my Schnee's Timberline's like a glove. Sometimes in the Superfeet I could feel the edges when side hilling. I'm going to put some miles on them and update you all on my experience in foot fatigue or hot spots.

Firehawk

WKR
I am excited to try them. Ordered mine at TAC in Utah last weekend. Paid with my card for my FSA and it went right through. I just sent the FSA administrator the receipt after they requested it. Received notification today that they were totally approved through the FSA.

KineKilla

WKR
Ordered mine at the Utah TAC as well. He told me it'd be about a month wait. I sure hope they help with some of the foot/knee/leg issues I've been having.

Need to get them and break them in prior to my goat hunt in Sept.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine last week and put them in my boots. I was able to put a few miles on them and so far am impressed. They were super easy to trip and fit amazingly well. The whole time I was hiking, I kept telling my wife how comfortable my feet were. I plan to put a lot of miles on them before season. Great thing is they fit both my hunting boots well..

KineKilla

WKR
I got mine last week and put them in my boots. I was able to put a few miles on them and so far am impressed. They were super easy to trip and fit amazingly well. The whole time I was hiking, I kept telling my wife how comfortable my feet were. I plan to put a lot of miles on them before season. Great thing is they fit both my hunting boots well..
So total wait time? Not quite a month, 3 weeks perhaps?

It would sure be nice to have mine before I go on a 12mile overnight scouting trip in a couple weeks.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
So total wait time? Not quite a month, 3 weeks perhaps?

It would sure be nice to have mine before I go on a 12mile overnight scouting trip in a couple weeks.

I put my order in at TAC Colorado July 11th. Good luck...

keller

WKR
About a month turnaround. Got mine back put about 25 miles on them found out my kenetreks leak wet foot walking through wet grass. Not quite sold on the sheep feet yet. Better than factory insoles I think so.worth $250 Not sure......

xcutter

WKR
Hiked a couple miles last night with a loaded pack. Pack weight around 50 pounds. At first the insoles felt awesome. They seem to be thicker and take up more empty space in my boots. After about 1/4 mile my feet were feeling a burn. A burn like when lifting weights in your muscles. I'm assuming that the insoles are correcting my posture and making me use muscles in my feet that usually don't get worked. After the 2 miles my feet were wore out. On the plus side it seems like I had almost no heel slip and no hot spots on my feet. I am increasing how much I wear these insoles. Putting them in my work boots and going to start wearing them daily to get my feet broken into them. I have very flat feet with hardly any arch. I would recommend thoroughly testing these on your feet prior to hitting the woods/mountains. I will continue to update this thread on my experience. Hope this helps someone.

Squirrels

WKR
Update: I started with a pair of halfs and within two weeks ordered a set of fulls. The fulls came super quick since they were able to use my molds from the half pair. Have not used them for hiking yet but I have worn either the half set or full set every day. Some aches and pains in my knees have gone completely away. In short, I am a firm believer

KineKilla

WKR
They told me about a month when I ordered mine. They are a local company so maybe I'll get them a touch sooner if the shipping time is short.