Sheep Feet??

I'm ordering a pair of sheep feet this week but need some advice. I need to decide if I need to add the cushion feature. You can add single or double cushion. Anyone out there have experience with them?

BigAl!

WKR
I only have experience with single cushion. They have been great. I've done some serious hiking with a bow and rifle this year. I think they are gonna give me at least a few more years.

Yooper

WKR
I've got the single cushion and the only thing I'll say is verify that the primary boots you want to put them in will allow for the additional volume of the liner. My Sheep Feet insoles are thicker than the stock liners in my Schnee's Beartooth II boots and I got some toe pinch when walking because I was already maxed out on volume in the toe box of those boots. Just food for thought before you pull the trigger.

I just ordered a pair with double cushion plus heel thing for my crispis. I'll report back on how they fit.

Jimss

WKR
I require more padding and more volume in my boots for a neuroma I have. One thing I did many years ago was buy boots 1 size larger so I can added thicker insoles. This also provides more room for padded socks. Even my summer socks are thinner on top with more padding in the bottoms. Having more volume also allows me to relax the laces when I want to wear thicker socks in the winter. I merely cinch down the laces in the summer.

I would be curious to hear if the sheep feet offer much padding? I'm always looking for new and better insoles!

OP
Huntforever
I'm actually looking into getting new boots so I'm not 100% sure how the boat will fit

I went with the double cushion with the heal cup deal, it took up slightly more volume than my L&S footbeds I was using. If I were to guess it was between the volume I had with L&S and green super feet. I always had ache feet after a day of hunting and all I have to say is that is no longer the case and I ordered another pair with the double cushion.

Good? I run those in my Guides, but I got curious and also ordered a pair with just double cushion. I got a pair of Colorados and surprisingly could not wear them all day with stock insoles, the double cushion completely turned them into all-day comfort boots.

I haven't bothered comparing heel/no heel side by side but in the future I'm not sure I'd recommend the heel - just rely on the boot to do it's job for ankle support.