Sheep Feet

archp625

WKR
I bought some Sheep Feet insoles towards the end of 2019 because I was having issues with some boots I bought. Thought insoles would help. Slid the insoles in the boots and decided the boots were about a 1/2 size too small. Put the insoles in some Meindels and now some Nevadas. I have decide that the right foot is excellent but the left foot is just not right. Has anyone had this happen where the insoles were not meant to be for your feet? At the end of the day the right foot is good but the left foot is dang near in pain.

If you have decent insurance or a health savings account, go see a podiatrist and get orthotics made.

The difference between sheep feet and my doc was about $200 out of pocket, but I'm able to go to his office whenever to get them fit properly.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I had something similar happen and I use them in my work boots I kept wanting to slide my right foot down in order to be comfortable. I gave it time and I'm painless now. From what I've been told they correct your stance and feet position so the pain at first is normal. Your feet just need to get adjusted to them. There is also a chance your molds were done wrong. But I was in the same position as you but now I'm loving them.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I had a similar experience with sheep feet. I've had a pair of custom orthotics since high school and they finally wore out so I thought if try some sheep feet.

The left insole felt great but the right one would cause severe pain after wearing for a while. It got to the point I couldn't wear them. The right arch felt way too high. I contacted customer service, explained the issue and they had me send them back so they could grind it down. I even traced the right orthotic and circled where it hurt. I got them back and still had the exact same issue. Life got busy and I didn't contact customer service again. I honestly forgot about them until I read this post.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Yes, I had a similar experience with sheep feet. I've had a pair of custom orthotics since high school and they finally wore out so I thought if try some sheep feet.

The left insole felt great but the right one would cause severe pain after wearing for a while. It got to the point I couldn't wear them. The right arch felt way too high. I contacted customer service, explained the issue and they had me send them back so they could grind it down. I even traced the right orthotic and circled where it hurt. I got them back and still had the exact same issue. Life got busy and I didn't contact customer service again. I honestly forgot about them until I read this post.

Its my left arch that bothers me real bad. Its like its too high and damn near in the wrong position.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Its my left arch that bothers me real bad. Its like its too high and damn near in the wrong position.
Yes! Sounds like the same issue I have just the opposite foot.

Maybe if I send you my left you'll be good to go... lol

Last edited:

Yooper

WKR
Similar issue here as well and I was told to send them in to have them grind them down too. My right foot is fine with great support. My left foot feels off across the board. From the heel through the arch it's like it's misaligned. Honestly it's one of the more disappointing purchases I've made in recent years.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
I'm going to wear them everyday for two weeks. They really haven't been worn a torn mainly because they kill my one foot. If they do not get better in two weeks in the trash they go.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Had a similar experience with some other expensive insoles. I’m not sold on expensive insoles at all at this point.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Had a similar experience with some other expensive insoles. I’m not sold on expensive insoles at all at this point.
I’m going to give them two weeks of constant wear. Hopefully they change. People at work probably think I’m nuts. I work in a dress shoe environment and no one has said a thing.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't worn mine a ton, but my right foot arch does feel like it needs to be a little further forward. Left side feels good. It wasn't necessarily painful though, just a little awkward.

I've got about a week on mine. Oddly, like others have said, my left feels pretty good. Right is a little like walking on a golf ball. I figured I would give it a little more time.

Did you guys get the heel stabilizer?

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
I've got about a week on mine. Oddly, like others have said, my left feels pretty good. Right is a little like walking on a golf ball. I figured I would give it a little more time.

Did you guys get the heel stabilizer?
I did. Thats a good way of putting it. I feel like I am walking on a golf ball with my left foot.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I got two pairs one with heel stabilizer and the other without. Same issue with both pairs.

Walking around on a golf ball is a good way to describe it. I tried gradually wearing them more each day for a couple of weeks and it got to the point I was limping around so I quit wesring them. It took a few weeks for the pain to go away. Now I just use green superfeet.