Sheep Hunting Christmas Wish List

Largely depends on what you currently have/don’t have. But I know that’s not the answer you’re looking for . For me personally I’ll be in the market for some of the crispi briksdale SF boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K
Largely depends on what you currently have/don’t have. But I know that’s not the answer you’re looking for . For me personally I’ll be in the market for some of the crispi briksdale SF boots.

I’ve never used any Crispis. Are you replacing an existing pair, or upgrading?

I currently own the nevadas and I’ve liked them, but prior to them I had a pair of kennetrek mtn extremes. The mtn extremes have a steel shank in the sole and they are very stiff. The nevadas aren’t quite as stiff and have more flex towards the front. Not a bad thing, just after using both I’ve found that I personally like a stiffer boot.

Overall I’ve liked crispi boots and I’ve heard great things about the briksdale SF’s from other sheep hunters and guides so I’m going to try them. The kennetreks took a long time for me to break in and not get hot spots after hiking in for a while.

So in answer to your question, both.

I actually have several items on the Christmas list with my first sheep hunt coming in August. It includes
-WM Apache bag
-EXO 6400 K3 bag
-SG pack cover
-Chugach jacket
-Chota tundra hippies and boots (outfitter recommends I get a griz tag)
- odds and ends like socks and gloves

I am also debating on building a custom rifle or just stick with my A-bolt in 300 WSM with a Leupold VX-5 that shoot well but am considering a custom, Ti action, HC carbon barrel, AG stock, etc. just a lot of money for me and I rarely rifle hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
A tag, anywhere. But not in AK, I have another year before I can hunt sheep there again.

Jeremy

EastMT

WKR
I’d kinda like an opening for a free range DIY aoudad next winter for our warm weather trip for the year.

I’ll ask the missus.......

keller

WKR
The legs and lungs of a sheep!! And a kuiu ultra down hoody.vest .pants and glassing mittens.

OP
K
New rifles are always nice, but sounds like you could probably save on the rifle and cover most of your wishlist! :)

I picked up the K3 4800 about a month ago. Absolutely love it. I'm going to put it to use this spring/summer and see whether it'll work for next fall's sheep hunt, or whether I pick up the 6400 bag.

I actually have several items on the Christmas list with my first sheep hunt coming in August. It includes
-WM Apache bag
-EXO 6400 K3 bag
-SG pack cover
-Chugach jacket
-Chota tundra hippies and boots (outfitter recommends I get a griz tag)
- odds and ends like socks and gloves

I am also debating on building a custom rifle or just stick with my A-bolt in 300 WSM with a Leupold VX-5 that shoot well but am considering a custom, Ti action, HC carbon barrel, AG stock, etc. just a lot of money for me and I rarely rifle hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Leupold VX-6HD, finding that perfect 6.5 PRC Load, fixing the leak in my Thermarest, and raingear that actually works as advertised.

Last edited: