Sheep Hunting Christmas Wish List

OP
K
Good luck with the Therm-a-Rest. My camping/hunting partners despise the potato chip bag sound from mine (it never seems to bother me), so I tried a Nemo Tensor this summer/fall. After a catastrophic failure near the seam when I was deflating the pad, Nemo gave me a refund, and I now have the Nemo Longbow Alpine to try out.

What rain gear are you currently using? I'm running the KUIU Chugach for active rainwear.

A Leupold VX-6HD, finding that perfect 6.5 PRC Load, fixing the leak in my Thermarest, and raingear that actually works as advertised.

A Leupold VX-6HD, finding that perfect 6.5 PRC Load, fixing the leak in my Thermarest, and raingear that actually works as advertised.
Just send it back to Thermarest and they'll send you a new one. Several years ago I purchased a used Xlite that had a very slow leak, and I exhausted every effort I could think of to find it. In the end, I contacted Thermarest and they had me just send it back and replaced it for a new one....problem solved.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
I know this thread is titled "Christmas Wish List", but I'm going with "Birthday Wish List" for my purposes. I can't think of a better birthday present than waking up to see I am the winner of a Chugach Sheep Draw Tag on Feb 21st when the results are posted. If there was ever a year I get lucky with draw tag results, it should be this one.

I have a lot of friends that prefer TMA or DCUA tags, I however would prefer a Chugach tag. I think it would be awesome to hunt sheep in what is essentially the backyard for where I grew up. Same goes for Chugach brown bear. I could spend the whole summer scouting on the weekends, the stoke levels would be insane leading up to that hunt!

I had a good list this year:
Marsupial Bino harness
Enlightened Equipment quilt
Kuiu cap
Rain gear
Socks
Wilderness Athlete, GU and Black Rifle coffee products to try

I had a good list this year:
Marsupial Bino harness
Enlightened Equipment quilt
Kuiu cap
Rain gear
Socks
Wilderness Athlete, GU and Black Rifle coffee products to try

Which EE quilt are you wanting? I have the 20 degree Revelation and really like it. I use it for elk and mule deer hunts and it is comfortable down to about 25 degrees with a good base layer on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which EE quilt are you wanting? I have the 20 degree Revelation and really like it. I use it for elk and mule deer hunts and it is comfortable down to about 25 degrees with a good base layer on.

I’m looking at the enigma 20 degree. It’s basically the revelation with a solid foot box for just a touch more warmth for my always cold feet. I’m happy to hear you like yours. Thanks.

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
TMA tag for Valentines Day, since we will not hear before then. And, I would love it if Santa could figure out a durable, ultrlite Thermarest pad that didn't have the potato chip bag sound making me up every time I toss and turn.

Two good knees, a rain jacket that doesn’t leak, a tripod that’s not duct taped together, trekking poles that aren’t bent, and maybe a fresh roll of Leuko tape. Other than that, not much.

Geetar

FNG
Two good knees, a rain jacket that doesn’t leak, a tripod that’s not duct taped together, trekking poles that aren’t bent, and maybe a fresh roll of Leuko tape. Other than that, not much.
Sounds like you and the gear both need an overhaul.

Geetar

FNG
I started the overhaul on my legs this year. Had foot surgery earlier this year to straighten out some metatarsals that got broke and heeled kinda crooked. Much improved already!
Glad to hear that! Hope your back on the mountain soon.

OP
K
So....did anybody find anything under the tree for next fall? I was fortunate enough to snag a KUIU Kenai Ultra hooded jacket, a mid-layer, and a few others.

I made out great. WM Apache bag, SG pack cover and the hippies I wanted plus a couple pairs of darn tough socks. I think the only thing I need is a KUIU Chugach jacket and the EXO 6400 bag.

I have decided to scrap having a custom rifle built and plan to stick to my trusted browning abolt 300 WSM. It weighs under 8 pounds loaded with the VX 5 and is shooting 180 grain accubonds well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk