Sheep mounts and Taxidermist

KU_Geo

WKR
Wondering if folks would be willing to share pictures of any sheep mounts they have and the taxidermist. Looking for some ideas and to see how other folks have decided to have their sheep mounted. Bighorns, Dalls, stones, deserts all welcome!

buzzy

WKR
Check out Jesse Dahlberg. He is on FB and has an extensive pic gallery.

My Dall is being done by Dewey Wildlife Studios. I decided to do both a Euro Mount with the original horns and a shoulder mount with replicas I had made by Wyoming Backcountry Decor. They work with Dewey frequently. To hold the Euro I ordered a base from Roostin Ridge and a rock from Van Dykes and put it all together myself. I wanted the euro so i could touch it - just something about holding those horns in my hands.
8098f337632b077814302a09462f12a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
Probably only going to have the chance to hunt bighorns once in my life, so decided to get the taxidermy done right. Dewey Wildlife in Cody WY. Horns on mount are a reproduction made by Jenny at Wyo Backcountry Decor also of Cody WY.

In my eyes both companies did an outstanding job with my animal, and their customer service was top notch!

PXL_20210811_223405032~2.jpg
PXL_20210811_223340546~2.jpgPXL_20210811_223417346~2.jpg
Not the biggest ram you will see here, but their work really brings him to life. Most importantly I relive the hunt everytime I step into the room. What an adventure!

As stated above, which ever way you go, get the real skull done in European. It is so cool to hold it in your hands.

Last edited:
OP
K

KU_Geo

WKR
That’s a sweet mount. Hadn’t seen a pedestal half body before, very cool. And great ram

tam9492

WKR
My Dall is being done by Dewey Wildlife Studios. I decided to do both a Euro Mount with the original horns and a shoulder mount with replicas I had made by Wyoming Backcountry Decor. They work with Dewey frequently. To hold the Euro I ordered a base from Roostin Ridge and a rock from Van Dykes and put it all together myself. I wanted the euro so i could touch it - just something about holding those horns in my hands.
8098f337632b077814302a09462f12a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly what I plan on doing someday!

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
Woah guys! Those Dall mounts are incredible!
Very jealous.

Hope to go on my own Dall hunt, but the hourglass is running out of sand.
Harder and harder to stay in shape.

critrgitr

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Paul Pennie High Country Horns Taxidermy in Alpine Utah or Dewey up in Cody. They are the premier sheep guys in the country in my opinion. Paul mounted my dall from 2018 and did a fantastic job. super nice guy and a great attention to detail even matching the rocks and vegetation in the mount to the pictures from my hunt that I gave him. I don't have a picture on my computer of the mount. Paul has a great Instagram feed that has plenty of pictures to drool over.

Leland Reinier in Craig, CO at Big Cat Taxidermy also does a great job on sheep if you can get him to squeeze you in between his awesome lion mounts.

OP
K

KU_Geo

WKR
Some great rams and cool to see all the different types of mounts everyone had done. Keep them coming guys!