Sheep Show 2022

JeffP_Or

WKR
Sounds like Oregon went for $345k - also a new record; formerly $210k.

Record levels for Oregon, Wyoming, New Mexico and a Taos Pueblo Gorge hunt.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Saw this earlier....I think it would be fun to just be in the room to see these auctions go down

sheep tags.jpg

OP
W

wyosteve

WKR
For some reason the Saturday results don't show the Kluane First Nation dall tag which sold for $230,000.

RnnHntr

FNG
My first sheep show and a lot of fun, I will be back. On Friday night, he same guy bought the Taos Pueblo and Washington State tags, one after the other. Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of good looking?

I happen to be one who believes in a mask and as others have said, everyone I encountered was courteous and accepting. What especially struck me was that many of the vendors offered to put on a mask when I entered their booths. I also several people there who I consider new friends and will try to gt together with in the future.

My first sheep show and a lot of fun, I will be back. On Friday night, he same guy bought the Taos Pueblo and Washington State tags, one after the other. Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of good looking?

I happen to be one who believes in a mask and as others have said, everyone I encountered was courteous and accepting. What especially struck me was that many of the vendors offered to put on a mask when I entered their booths. I also several people there who I consider new friends and will try to gt together with in the future.
The guy that bought the toas Pueblo mountain hunt also bought the Colorado tag right before that. Did he buy the Washington one too?

RnnHntr

FNG
The guy that bought the toas Pueblo mountain hunt also bought the Colorado tag right before that. Did he buy the Washington one too?
I would have sworn he bought the two hunts in a row,. What I do remember is that he bid a combined total of around $400,000.

Kotaman

WKR
I would have sworn he bought the two hunts in a row,. What I do remember is that he bid a combined total of around $400,000.
He was a “proxy bidder”, bidding for others. And it was $655,000. He bought Oregon and New Mexico in a row. (345+310)

RnnHntr

FNG
Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense. I am happy for the agencies that received the funds from these tags and for the bidders that are willing to support those agencies.

He was a “proxy bidder”, bidding for others. And it was $655,000. He bought Oregon and New Mexico in a row. (345+310)
I’m referring to the guy who bought the Colorado tag for 185,000 and then bought the toas Pueblo hunt right after for 200,000. He wasn’t bidding for others. He came up to our booth earlier on Friday and asked about sheep hunting in Colorado and then said “I’m gonna buy that tag tonight.” I was sitting near him and watched him bid and win them. I heard he had a budget of 1 million for the show. Im not sure if he bought anything on Saturday night.

The other kid that was a guide at the toas Pueblo was on the phone bidding for people.

Kotaman

WKR
I’m referring to the guy who bought the Colorado tag for 185,000 and then bought the toas Pueblo hunt right after for 200,000. He wasn’t bidding for others. He came up to our booth earlier on Friday and asked about sheep hunting in Colorado and then said “I’m gonna buy that tag tonight.” I was sitting near him and watched him bid and win them. I heard he had a budget of 1 million for the show. Im not sure if he bought anything on Saturday night.

The other kid that was a guide at the toas Pueblo was on the phone bidding for people.
Yes, and I was talking about the proxy bidder that bought New Mexico Bighorn and Oregon back to back. None the less, crazy amounts of disposable income out there for Wild Sheep. The auction prices were through the roof. How about Az Pronghorn for $77,000! 😳

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The one I was amazed by was a 5 day NM elk hunt for $65,000. And the Nebraska elk tag $77,000…previous top price was $45,000

WCB

WKR
The one I was amazed by was a 5 day NM elk hunt for $65,000. And the Nebraska elk tag $77,000…previous top price was $45,000
The was a freakin Mule Deer hunt that went for like $60k also...

buzzy

WKR
I was there on Thursday and it was very quiet. A lot of advertised vendors didn’t show up. More that I have seen in the past. Seems like the show keeps getting smaller and smaller. Now that auction hunts can be bid on online I wonder how small this show will get.

I’d like to hear from any vendors there how the show was for them. The 2 I know of hardly sold a hunt and they are questioning going back in the future.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing the big dollars fly reminds me these hunts are getting more expensive and I'm not rich....I'll save the $2,000 it would cost me to go the show and use that for my next hunt. The inflation rate is insane and all the new millionaires created in the markets the past couple years must be impacting hunting...Like everything what goes up, must come down. I suspect a great reset is on the horizon.

Trial153

WKR
Seeing the big dollars fly reminds me these hunts are getting more expensive and I'm not rich....I'll save the $2,000 it would cost me to go the show and use that for my next hunt. The inflation rate is insane and all the new millionaires created in the markets the past couple years must be impacting hunting...Like everything what goes up, must come down. I suspect a great reset is on the horizon.

I haven’t seen hunt costs come down in my life time. At best it stays level for few years.

OP
W

wyosteve

WKR
I’m watching Barrett-Jackson and the dollars being spent there are just as amazing!