Sheep tarp as annex?

Anybody use a Sheep Tarp as an annex to close off a ParaTarp, SuperTarp, or MegaTarp?

Had a buddy ask me about that combo and I didn't have an answer. He's thinking about grabbing a tarp (P,S,M) and using a sheep tarp as the annex instead of an actual annex. Never plans to run a stove and wants the ability to close off the tarp. That gives him his primary shelter and emergency shelter with a dual purpose.

Thanks in advance, Bill

I would like to know some info on this too. As I have a sheep tarp and was thinking of getting rid of it and changing to a paratarp, but if it was possible for them to work in conjunction with each other I'd probably keep the sheep tarp and utilize it as an annex as you describe. Cool idea, awesome if it would work!

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
I have a paratarp. I will be buying a sheep tarp in the near future, but only when trying to bivy super super light or for when it rains like crazy while hunting.

Anyways, don't see the point of running a sheep tarp and paratarp. Just buy the annex. It will be lighter, and keep you uber dry. I've run the annex and paratarp in some gnarly storms, stayed bone dry. If pitched right, you'll stay dry without the annex too.

I have an annex for my Super Tarp but I have considered using a flat tarp like this pitched high so I had a dry place to dress and undress

If you figured out a way to rig it could work i suppose. It would be a really large annex for sure. Im gonna run my sheep tarp from time to time as a flat porch kinda thing in front of the sawtooth