Shell fabric: WM Microfiber or FF and SG YFuse?

Humyuckle

FNG
Looking to upgrade the bag and am considering the WM Badger, FF Raven and SG Chilkoot for Northern BC hunt in August. There is plenty of discussion on bag performance, fit and overall preference, but I am looking for any experience from someone who has tried both the MF and/or the YFuse shell fabrics. I currently own the WM Versalite and Alpinlite and would like something more durable and water resistant than the Extremelite shell fabric.

As I don't have access to anywhere I can kick the tires on these fabrics, does anyone have any experience with YFuse? Is it comparable to MF? Robby Denning's review of the Kuiu and the Badger was outstanding but the YFuse has me curious...

adieatrick

Lil-Rokslider
I have the FF Lark which is the smaller version of the Raven and I have no complaints. It is very durable and should fit my needs great. It has the ripstop material and reminds me of tipi material almost? I think whatever you go with you will be happy. The apples to oranges comparison swayed me into the FF bag at a lower price point. Quality is spot on.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Robbie Denning talked about torture testing the Stone Glacier bag on the Rokcast podcast last year. (9-7-19)

It would be worth your time to listen to that episode. Seems like an amazing bag.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm just curious how you torture test a sleeping bag? Other than getting them soaking wet there's not a lot you can do. It's not like you are breaking trail with one. All the bags the OP mentioned are nice bags, sounds like analysis paralysis at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Also, don't overlook the Valandre bags. They use a different shell material than any of the bags you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk